unwanted minus un

TW ~ Scars, Trauma

Phil's POV:

Seeing his two sons making Tommy feel welcome in this house overjoyed Phil to a whole another level. He and Techno scoured the cabinets and fridge for the ingredients they would need to bake the cake, as Wilbur sang, holding Tommy, who was sitting on the counter, 's hands and making him dance. The smile on Tommy's face made Phil's heart melt.

Wilbur was always just a kid at heart, and he had always wanted a younger sibling. Phil grabbed the milk as Techno carried a sack of flour.

When Tommy saw the sack of flour, which presumably was bigger than him, he crawled over to it, opening it and gasping.

"DRUGS" he screamed, grabbing a fistful of flour and staring at it.

Phil and Wilbur had a horrified expression on their faces, as Techno burst into laughter.

"Tommy, what the hell?" Wilbur asked, grabbing his small hands and wiping off the flour.

"Drugs" Tommy pouted, folding his hands across his chest, getting flour all over himself.

"Tommy, drugs aren't good," Techno said through fits of laughter.

"Le gasp?" Tommy said, which completely through both Phil's kids into hysterics.

"Tommy, did you eat sugar?" Phil asked, shaking his head. Tommy had a sugar high problem, even the slightest amounts of sugar could get him up and running for a while.

"No" Tommy giggled, bringing his hands to his mouth to try and suppress the noise.

"Tommy Tommy Tommy! What are we going to do with you!" Phil chuckled, ruffling Tommy's hair.

Phil stayed in the background as he watched Wilbur and Techno teach Tommy how to bake a cake.

Phil had been keeping track of hard topics to talk about with Tommy, ranging from his fear of shadows, flowers, his past injuries, needles, blood, heights, claustrophobia, the list goes on, and on.

Tommy slowly started opening up to Phil, telling him horrendous stories from his past, as well as a couple of happy ones.

When Techno first met Tommy, he pointed out something on Tommy's hand, and when Phil got Tommy to talk to him about it, Phil was absolutely enraged. The first thing he did was make Tommy a skin-tight but comfortable slip, a nice dark black color, and helped fit it over his hand, so the disgusting letters written into his arm were covered. He always reminded Tommy about how much they wanted him there.

That was the first day Tommy ever cried to Phil, but from tears of happiness rather than sadness. That day became one of Phil's core memories.

***

"It's true" Tommy whispered to Phil when he asked enraged at who wrote the stupid letters "U N W A N T E D" into Tommy's hand.

"No, Tommy, it couldn't be more wrong," Phil said, shaking his head. He was shaking in anger, but he tried to suppress it as to not scare Tommy.

Tommy looked up to him, his eyes filled with an emotion close to misery, but kept a straight face.

"Tommy, you are not unwanted at all. You've been a light in our life, Wilbur loves you so much, Techno, I know he doesn't show it, but he adores you. In fact, I might have something for you."

Phil brought out a slip of band he had made in advance when Techno first told him about the scar.

He slipped it onto Tommy's forearm, perfectly covering the letters, fitting snugly on his skin. It was tight enough to not be annoying, but it covered the words Phil wanted to absolutely make vanish.

When Tommy looked down with his arm, at the black slip covering one of his most unwanted fears, Phil could see he started taking in the situation. Phil watched a teardrop and another, and he panicked.

Had he done something wrong?

But when Tommy wrapped him in a hug, a willful hug, the first time he ever gave a hug to one of them, Phil knew he did the right thing.

"Thank you dad" Tommy whispered.

"Dad?" Phil said, quieter than Tommy's voice.

"Unless you don-"

"Your welcome son" Phil smiled, pulling Tommy in closer.

***

When Phil snapped out of the memory and looked up at the boys, he was met with two snowmen and a laughing baby demon.

"What the hell happened," Phil asked laughing, as Techno glared at Phil.

"The baby gremlin realized you could dump flour on people," Techno said with a grimace, and that absolutely SENT Phil.

"Did you at least make the batter?" Phil asked through laughs.

When no one said anything, he looked over the counter, to see a huge mess, batter, eggs, flour, and other ingredients everywhere.

Everywhere except inside the bowl.

They managed to get ingredients everywhere in the kitchen except the bowl.

"How the hell did you guys even manage this?" Phil said, in pure amazement. 

Both boys sent glares to Tommy, who just smiled.

"Hi!" Tommy waved when he saw Phil looking at him in bewilderment.

Wilbur looked at Phil, before shushing him and walking up from behind Tommy and wrapping him in a hug, getting flour all over him.

"HEY" Tommy screamed, pushing against Wilbur. They all started laughing at Tommy's weak attempt to get the flour off.

"How about I go pick up a cake instead? There's a really good bakery near here, 'Fundy's Forest Sweets' I think. I'm pretty close with the owner" Phil said, walking to pull on his jacket. 

He gave a pointed stare to everyone in the kitchen.

"This place better is cleaned up before I come home," he said with a playful stare. 

Tommy covered his eyes, as Techno faced the wall, whistling. Wilbur looked at both of them, realizing they were going to make Wilbur clean this up.

"Oh hell no you two if you do-" Phil heard Wilbur scream before he shut the door on them. 

They'd figure it out, wouldn't they?

****

When he came home, he was welcomed with a laughing Tommy, a screaming Techno and a crying Wilbur. The house looked worse than it did before he left.

They did not figure it out.

Also, according to Wattpad statistics, only a small percentage of people who read my book vote on the story. So if u end up enjoying this story, consider voting, it's free and u can always unvote later enjoy the story #VotePrime

Love you all :)