deja vu

TW ~ Fighting, Strong Words, Panic Attacks, Blood & Gore

When he woke up, he was immediately greeted by a sweet smell. The strange feeling on deja vu couldn't leave Tommy's mind, but he couldn't remember from what or where it was from.

Then he realized, he couldn't remember anything.

He sat up in the bed, and his brain went to hard drive. He could remember his name, he could remember who he was.

But he had no clue where he was. 

Or why he was here.

Or why his entire body was wrapped in bandages.

He hopped off the bed, each step more painful than the previous one. His head was pounding, he could hear his heart beating. He collapsed onto the wall, unable to move. Covering his ears, he brought his head to his knees, and the pounding only got louder. The room felt like it was getting smaller, cornering the small child.

He couldn't move, he couldn't do anything. He closed his eyes, but the moment he shut them, he saw a shadow. He couldn't identify the shadow, it was just a shadow. It had a mask, with a terrifying smile and orange triangle eyes, staring right at him. The shadow stood in front of him, not looking at him, and the shadow got smaller and smaller, like if he was walking away.

But soon he realized the shadow wasn't moving. Tommy was flying. He felt a huge impact and Tommy could feel the blood trickling down his face. His breath grew shallow, he couldn't comprehend anything. The shadow slowly faded, and Tommy heard his name being shout out at him. 

Tommy's eyes shot open, and he couldn't stop the tears that were flooding his eyes. He saw the shadow everywhere he looked, just lurking around the room, and Tommy curled into a ball in fear. His breathing grew quicker and quicker until he realized, he couldn't get air in anymore.

He put his left hand on his heart, using the other to tap onto the floor next to him. The sound of the tapping echoed in his head, as he sat there, trying to match his breathing to the taps. The walls stopped moving, the world stopped spinning, and eventually, his breath slowed down and synced with the taps.

He could still see the shadows.

One shadow inched closer and closer to him, and in fear, Tommy reached for his dagger. It wasn't in his pocket.

His dagger wasn't in his pocket.

He jumped up, wincing in pain, as he ran from the shadow. He hurriedly opened the door, and his eyes widened at the house.

A memory flashed back to him. The shadow saying "I love you to him." Him saying "I love you too" back.

The shadow betrayed him. That's all he could piece together, as he ran from the monster in his panic attack. 

He ran right into someone. A demon.

The demon looked down at the child, with a look of concern on his face. And a small look of recognition.

"Why are you up and running?" the demon asked, helping Tommy stand up. When Tommy saw the hand, he flinched, refusing the hand and instead pushing himself off the ground and standing up, ignoring the pain.

"Trust no one," a voice in his head whispered to him. "The shadow betrayed you, so will this person."

"Get the fuck away from me," Tommy scowled, pushing away the demon, and running under his hand.

"Wait," the demon shouted, grabbing Tommy's wrist. Tommy's eyes widened in fear, as he spun his arm around, grabbing the demon's hand instead and twisting the hand behind his back.