prince of hell

TW ~ Blood, Gore, Strong Language

Third Person's POV:

When Tommy and Karl had left for the "guardroom," Dream was relentless. 

"Niki, tell the truth," he growled, and Quackity had to put an arm on Dream's shoulder, an attempt to calm him down.

Niki sighed, before making eye contact with the angels. They stared at her stiffly, and she knew she had to come clean. Better give her own version of the events before the weak child spun the story out of proportion.

She carefully crafted her words, explaining how Tommy had turned into a terrifying demon and looked like he was attacking Niki's son. It hadn't crossed her mind how she accidentally admitted the locations of Tubbo to the council, how the kid was supposed to be dead.

By the end of her story, she played herself out as the victim, just trying to protect her child.

When she looked at the two demons, she internally smirked. Of course, they believed her, she was their friend for such a long time. And the child was weak, he wouldn't be able to tolerate her even screaming at him. She knew they'd believe her.

But when Quackity came near her, she stepped back. She knew she had to keep her distance from the demon.

Her eyes wandered to the other two angels, the disappointment on their faces outweighed the anger.

"You lied to us" Punz growled, keeping his distance from the girl.

"I- huh?" she asked worriedly.

"You helped the two escape, they were supposed to be executed. So when you cried about their disappearance, it was all just an act?" Frost asked, eerily calm.

Niki was stunned, but she quickly covered her shock. "I did what I had to do to protect my family" she glared.

The tension between the angels was thick throughout the rest of the meeting. Punz and Frost blatantly ignored Niki, and she knew she was going to be removed from the council.

It was all the stupid child's fault.

The entire meeting was going terribly cumbersome, and it awkward silences that fell upon the crowd were uncomfortable to sit through.

Hours passed, and when the clock struck six, the angels took their leave. Usually, they'd stay the night, sometimes longer, but today wasn't like all the other days.

"Very well, come, you all can have your swords back, and be on your way," Dream said quietly. Punz and Frost came to take their swords, and Niki politely asked for them to get hers too. Dream felt it was odd she was trying to avoid Quackity.

The angels were still thoroughly upset with Niki. Her being most likely removed from the council, they refused to get her sword.

She swallowed, walking up to Quackity to receive her sword, trying to keep her distance.

But when she grabbed the sword, Quackity's eyes glowed. She froze when he gripped the sword tighter.

"My- my sword," she said quietly, but Quackity snatched it out of her grip, throwing it to the floor. He stood straighter, looking down at her.

"That's why you tried to stay away from me," Quackity said menacingly.

"No- no you-"

"You knew I could read your mind if you came close enough in contact with me," he said with a bitter laugh.