he's fourteen

GUYS LOOK ^ 

An amazing person drew this --> @ARandomPerson-

its so cute what I'm crying

TW ~ Flashbacks, Child Neglect, Eating Disorders, Self Harm

Tommy's POV:

The dining room in the castle was huge.

There was a long table, covered in a deep green and gold table cloth. 

At the head of the table, the jester, and a human sat. The human was dressed in a huge shirt with four different colors on it, one for each sleeve, and two on the torso, with an infinite loop decal on it. Over it, he wore a large fluffy cape, in pastel turquoise.

When Dream noticed Tommy was staring at his friend, he chuckled. 

"That, that is Karl. His style is interes-"

"I like it" Tommy cut him off. 

"Oh do you?" Karl asked, scrunching his nose at the small boy. "Is this the kid you've been losing sleep after? Awe, he's so cute, how old, eight? Nin-"

Dream kicked him in the shin. "Yes, meet Tommy. He's fourteen" he stared at Karl, emphasizing the word fourteen, and Karl said an inaudible "Oh."

Dream replied with an inaudible "Yeah"

Tommy stared at both of them. "Did I go deaf?" he asked, curiously.

"No bud let's just eat! Well, Tommy, what would you like to eat?"

"Uh..." Tommy was caught off guard. He was never given the choice to pick anything in such a long time.

He stared at the shadow, well, he wasn't a shadow now, was he?

The shadow realized what was happening, and he clenched his teeth, plastering a fake smile. 

"Hey Tommy, would you like to get to know Karl? I need to tell Dream something," the shadow said excitedly.

"OhHhHHH! Hi," Karl said excitedly, grabbing Tommy from Dream none too gently.

Dream sent him another glare, and once Karl got a grip on Tommy, he immediately realized why.

"Did I hurt you?" he asked concerned. Tommy just shook his head and smiled, playing with Karl's sleeve.

Dream and Quackity quietly slipped out of the dining room for a second.

Quackity's POV:

"Quackity, you need to explain shit" Dream glared, but Quackity knew that Dream wasn't mad at him.

"Well, once I figured out who Tommy was, I sorta... uh... like, so you know how I'm a mind dweller right?"

"You went into Tommy's head, and didn't tell me he was still alive?" Dream asked, hurt.

"Well, man, think of it like this. I wasn't sure if he was still mad at you, and I'd rather you believe he was dead, than alive and hate you, right?"

Dream sighed, obviously still upset. "Okay, but what happened to him?" Dream asked, pained. Quackity knew Dream was blaming himself.

"Well, there's a lot to start from. Remember the person you lost your throne to..." Quackity started, before instantly regretting it.

"He did this?" Dream whispered, ominously calm.

"No, his family did. I'd like to think he's the only one that didn't hurt Tommy physically or mentally, other than always having to work."