school

TW ~ Scars, Voices

Tommy's POV:

When Tommy woke up the next morning, the very first thought that popped into his mind was that he would get to see Mrs. Puffy today. 

Then a thought that never crossed his brain immediately popped up.

What if she was mad you left with no explanation?

The second he heard the quiet and slightly joking voice in his head, he froze.

Of course, she'd be mad, let alone hurt. He hoped she wouldn't be upset about the way he left,  although since it'd been so long since he visited, there was a high chance.

He fell back onto his bed in sadness. Did he want to go see her, and risk having her be mad at him?

Oh come on, you were so excited. I said that as a joke-

Tommy, I'm sure she misses you.

Better late than never, idiot.

Tommy rolled his eyes, muttering to himself about how he wasn't an idiot. He hopped out of bed and realized Dream was taking a shower. With nothing to do, he wandered out of the guest room and heard a familiar voice, the guard Dream was talking to.

"Hello, Sir," the guard said, bowing when he saw Tommy. Tommy recognized his gold armor immediately.

"Hiya Sam!" Tommy said excitedly. The guard chuckled at the boy's enthusiasm, before smiling. "Your highness, would you like something to eat?"

Tommy's face scrunched up in disgust at the formal title, but he'd learned it's something he had to get used to.

"Yeah," Tommy said, before grinning in proudness. 

When was the last time he said yes to food, without being forced to eat it, on Earth?

The guard brought out cheese and bread, and Tommy assumed he was going to make a grilled cheese sandwich. (Throwback to the time Phil was drunk off his mind talking about Gordon Ramsey's grilled cheese 😍 /j)

As Tommy sat on the counter in the room, humming that disc's music Karl had shown him, Dream walked into the kitchen. His hair was only slightly wet, but he was fully suited up, wearing his cape over the gold shoulder pads he had, just like Tommy's. 

His cape trailed on the ground, and Tommy loved that it did because whenever Tommy wanted, he could just pull the cape over his shoulders like a blanket.

"Prince Tommy, would you like to go get ready? I do hope you're excited to meet Mrs. Puffy, right?" Dream asked, and Tommy rolled his eyes. He hated the formality Dream used with him in front of others. 

Oh shut the fuck up you hate everything

I can assure you, he loves me. You? I'm not sure about that.

"Oh fuck off" Tommy whispered to himself, and Dream stared at him. Tommy let out a small laugh, before grinning.

"Yes, King Dream" Tommy mocked, bobbing his head. He saw Dream's eyes narrow at him, but he stuck his tongue out.

You are so mature

Like you're any better

"Just go get ready" Dream sighed, rolling his eyes. Tommy looked at the guard that was making something for him to eat, before shrugging. He hopped off the table, before stepping on Dream's cape, causing him to stumble backward.