For Now

Chase.....,

    I shakily sighed as I left the shower. I had a pink towel wrapped firmly around my body and I quickly stepped out into my room dropping the towel and replacing it with undergarments. After doing so I lathered my body in vanilla everything.

"Baybeh...." I heard his voice and quickly pulled on my pink stretch shorts and white tank top.

He walked in and smirked. "I Smell vanilla." I fake smiled and shrugged.

"I'm heading out to the trap. Start packing your bags. When I say bags I mean everything. Every single thing."

August walked over to me and slowly kissed my lips. "See you in a few." He stole three more pecks from my lips and left.

"Something about him and the atmosphere between my parents wasn't right." I sighed finishing the last bag and placing it in the corner.

"Daddy.....?" I searched the house. Every inch and corner of it. My mother was in her room sewing but my Daddy was no where to be found again. He was always down lately. I also noticed he was gone around the time August left. I pray he's not doing anything stupid as a preacher.

"Momma?" She looked softly at me.

"Hey baby what is up with you?" She smiled her soft smile and waited..

"I feel like August and you guys have this weird atmosphere. Is there something you guys should let me know?"

My mothers voice went at a high stake and she looked away from me. Something she does when she's lying. "No baby girl. Everything's fine."

"Mom don't lie to me. And why are you guys letting him take me to his house to stay. I don't want to go."

"Baby, I have no answer for that"

"What do you mean you haebno answer for it? You're my parents, you guys have a right to where I go. What you're saying makes no sense." I scrunched up y fave confused.

"Chase don't talk o me like that. I am your mother and I won't allow you to talk to me in that way. You are exactly nineteen years old Chase. you're in college, the only thing your father and I do is pay for your education. You're your own oun woman. Don't get me wrong, I'm proud of what you've become. Just a little scared of what your father is getting you into. I love you Chase, and baby you're going to be just fine. Pure a strong young woman."

I looked at the floor as tears ran down my Face and huged my mother.

"Mommy I love you." I kissed her cheek and sighed. With the help of my mother I dragged all my suitcases to the door.

I sat on the porch and just rested my head on my mothers shoulder. At this age I didn't expect to be moving in with a drug Lord. I expected to be living normal with my parents and still going to college on a regular basis.

I guess everything really does change. I wiped the tears that fell and looked nervously as August's black escalade pulled up.

"Mom I don't want to go." Tears started running down my face and I bawled onto her shoulder.

She held me still an soothed me quickly. Just like mothers always do.

"Baby calm down. You're going to be safe and protected with him. Okay? But I must ask why do you tense up when he's near?"

She looked straight into my eyes full of concern for me. "He hit me the other night. It really was my fault momma. I didn't leave him alone when he was angry. But he swore he would never do it again. Please don't say anything."

My mother sighed and wiped my lone tears. "I refuse to not say anything. I don't want anyone putting their hands on my daughter. Just go on ahead in the car."

I bit my lip and nodded. "I'll talk o you later momma. Love you." I quickly kissed her cheek and ignored August and entered his car.

Just as he finished packing my bags in the trunk my mother called him over.

They talked for a few and sometimes they looked over to me. I was nervous and didn't know how the outcome of things would happen.

.........

August entered the car and stared straight at the driveway before sighing. He looked tense and a little frustrated.

I watched him as he drove. We came to a red light and he looked through his phone. "Could you stop looking at me."

I bit my lip ad mumbled. "Sorry." I

Didn't want a repeat of before.

Next Chap Coming Soon....