dance

"Y/N? you ready darling?"-A feminine voice comes through my door,behind it.

"yes mum,i just need to wear lipstick".I said.

l can hear footsteps walking away from my door and suddenly my phone starts ringing.I put on my favourite red lipstick on my heart-shaped lip and picks up the call.

It was Nick.

"i'm so mad at you!".He shouts through the screen.

What.

"why?did i so something-"
I was cut off by his words that caught me surprised.

"so you let george fuck with you?!"
I couldn't believe it.How did he know?
I kept quiet not kmowing what to say.
I feel bad lying to my best friend.

"i've been friends with him these past years!...i know what's he's like."

What was what?

"Y/N!!! FASTER!!" My lil brother voice shouted outside,making me panic.
I hang up the call,grabbed my purse and walk fast heading towards the door.I push my fan switch off,making it swing slower and slower.

This day just had to be ruined.

🥲

The enchanting music playing across the ballroom,a classical piece named moonlight sonata.I can hear every note the black and white instrument produces,elegant and ear-soothing.

I still can't get off the fact that Nick found out I had coitus with George...
Worst of it all..what does he mean by 'i know what's he's like."

I roll my eyes and drink the orange juice that was poured into my cup by a waiter.
My family is talking with some people,lil brother went to the arcade and I'm sitting alone here,by the table.

Suddenly,my phone kept on vibrating inside my purse..
probably some stupid notifications.

"hello pretty lady".A masculine voice strikes behind me,leaving me in shock.
"oh,hello um hi" I stand up to shake his hand and he gladly takes it.

"its boring here,let's go to the bar?"
Though it's weird to follow a stranger,but everyone here knows each other a lot.So it's fine.

🥲

"what drink do you want? my treat!"The man said to me nicely.
"cocktail please"
"make it two".He puts up a ✌🏼 finger at the waiter,smiling at him.

"gotcha"

"sooo....what's your name?"
"Y/n"
"that's a cute name...i'm eden"

He smiles at me and the waiter hands us our beverages.

"why are you here,y/n?"
"it's my mother's friend daughter wedding and she said it's going to be fancy so why not go?"

I grin and reach out my cocktail at him,gesturing to cling our drink.
He laughs quietly and clings my drink that produces a gentle but sharp 'click!' sound.

We both drunk our cocktail,the sweet and savoury taste of the drink lingers in my mouth.

"that waiter sure is good at his job"I said.

"anddd it's free!"Eden giggled at me.

By now,we were both laughing at each other jokes and kinda in a state of drunk.

"dance,my lady?"eden reach out his righg hand to me,signalling me to d a n c e.

"i'm not very good— woah!"
He pulls my hand and runs at the dance floor.
The blue light emits from the ceiling,making the room looks 'blue'.
The pianist playing 'Pavane for the dead princess',a masterpiece that protays love and happiness that gets sadder and sadder as it plays.

The way Eden teaches me slow dance by only his body,his dark eyes staring at me with affection.
The way I can just melt myself on him,even after hours of knowing this person.
The way he talks to me even without saying nothing but his eyes,I love that.
Have anyone ever look at me the way he looks at me before?

The note descends in a deep,sad tone that indicates dread,sadness and pain.
Shit,I can feel tears in my eyes.

Or is it because what happened this morning?

Or am I just being dramatic?

I hug Eden and he looks shocked but we continue to slow dance.He pats my back, indicating that everything will be fine.

Now, this is my favourite dance ever.