A Hero's Burden

Steve turned around as he saw a small, shimmering, circle open up revealing a bright light. His eyes relaxed into that of relief as he saw T'Challa come out of it with Shuri and Okoye, his helmet melting away. The King of Wakanda stood proud and gave him a reassuring nod as Sam burst through the portal, flying around as many other portals followed in suit of the first one.

He watched as some people appeared from a different circle, and Steve instantly knew it was the doctor Tony had been stranded with five years ago. Steve did not hide his smile as he saw Peter leap forward to land on a rock and remove his mask, letting the wind rush across his face.

The Wakandans began to chant as circles continued to form, spilling hundreds of people who came to help the Avengers. Steve resisted the urge to run over to Bucky as his best friend come through one of the Wakandan portals.

"Wanda." He whispered, breathlessly as the woman landed on the ground, eyes glowing red as she prepared to take on Thanos.

"Is that everyone?" Strange asked Wong.

"What? You wanted more?" Wong asked in disbelief.

Tony watched as Scott exploded from the building and release the people who he was protecting from his hand. The billionaire could almost see his wife's smirk as she hovered above the ground, Rocket clinging to her shoulder with a triumphant smirk on his furry face.

Tony could not believe it as people kept piling out of the portals. He saw Asgardians, Sorcerers, Wakandans, and Ravagers. People from all over the universe joining together to fight back, and this made Steve turn around to Thanos. 'Your move' the Captain challenged the Mad Titan.

"Avengers..." Steve shouted as Tony and Thor landed at his sides and he called Miölnir into his hand. "...assemble."

Thor and T'Challa yelled and all of their forces charged towards Thanos. So the Titan retaliated and motioned for his forces to charge.

Tony dodged a blast from one of the ships, only to be catapulted forward from an explosion. He grinned at the sight of his wife as they fought back to back in the air. He never would have imagined doing that in 2012. Mostly cause, deep down, he was slightly terrified that she wanted to kill him for his sarcastic humor...and he did not have a doubt that she almost did sometimes.

Steve fought alongside Thor as they worked back to back with their mythological weapons. He honestly didn't know where Wanda and Bucky were, but he had waited five years, he could wait a few more minutes as they all worked together to insure there was going to be a future for them all. Steve did not think twice as Stormbreaker flew into his hand, but Thor's voice stopped him from running off.

"No, no, give me that." Thor held out his hand. "You have the little one." He told him as they switched weapons.

Bucky smirked slightly at this from his position not twenty feet away from where his friend ran off.

Tony fought alongside his wife for a while, before he saw two Chitauri ready to pounce on an unsuspecting sorcerer. So he tapped Natasha's wrist twice, a little code they had developed when they were hiding their relationship, letting her know that he was leaving and soared towards the aliens. He sliced them in half with his lasers and landed, blasting some outriders, but was hit aside by Cull Obsidian.

Tony rapidly fired, but his weapons were not doing him any good and he raised his arms to block the attack from the dwarf knowing it wouldn't do him any good. He lowered his arms to see Obsidian get stepped on by Scott.

"Hey!" Came the voice he had not heard in what seemed like forever, and Tony made his helmet disappear. "Holy cow!" Peter exclaimed out of breath as he helped Tony up and his mask retracted as well. "You will not believe what's been going on. Do you remember when we were in space? And I got all dusty?" Tony let an emotional smirk appear on his face as he listened to the kid. "And I must've passed out, because I woke up and you were gone. But Doctor Strange was there, right? And he was like, 'It's been five years. Come on, they need us. And then he started to do the yellow sparkling thing that he does all the time..."