Secrets Never Remain Secrets

Natasha sighed as Tony paced the room trying to calm down a furious Ross. The Accords signing had been two days ago and now it seemed that Steve had found his missing friend. She had seen the news and both her and Tony were forced to leave the hotel room, they had took comfort in, behind to deal with the mess.

Some of the employees began to move about more nervously and Natasha instantly knew that they had brought Barnes there. She looked at Tony, silently asking if he was going to be alright. He simply nodded and then pointed at his phone and rolled his eyes, mimicking talking with his hand. Natasha smiled lightly and then walked out.

She found Everett K. Ross talking to Sam, T'Challa, and Steve. Natasha let out a sigh of relief as Barnes was no where to be seen.

"You'll be provided with an office instead of a cell." Everett told them. "Now do me a favor, stay in it?" He asked rhetorically.

"I don't intend on going anywhere." T'Challa told him.

"For the record," Natasha began, falling into step with Steve. "this is what I making this worse looks like."

"He's alive." Steve told her.

They then could hear Tony talking to Ross on the phone. Since the accident at the Accords they figured that life was too short and intended on finally putting a label on what they were. For the past year it was what scared both of them, but they were prepared to go down with the ship if that was what it took.

"Romania was not Accords-sanctioned." Tony impatiently told Ross.

Natasha was happy to see that he sat down and was not pacing around anymore.

"Colonel Rhodes is supervising cleanup." Tony informed.

"Try not to break anything while we try to fix this." Natasha told the two men as she went over by Tony.

"Consequences?" Tony asked. "You bet there'll be consequences. Obviously you can quote me on that, because I just said it. Anything else? Thank you sir." Tony hung up.

"'Consequences'?" Steve asked.

"Secretary Ross wants you both prosecuted." Tony told them. "Had to give him something."

He walked over to Natasha.

"I'm not getting that shield back, am I?" Steve asked.

Tony surprised both men by grabbing Natasha's hand and lacing their fingers together. Natasha, more shockingly, did not protest at all. In fact she seemed almost more at peace.

"Technically, it's the government's property." She turned back and spoke to them. "Wings, too." She grinned.

Okay maybe she had been spending too much time with her boyfriend...God it felt nice to say that, but there was still that tiny voice nagging at her that it was too good to be true.

"That's cold." Sam told her.

"Warmer than prison." Tony called back before Natasha and him disappeared behind the wall.

"Did you know about that?" Sam asked, shock clear in his voice.

Steve shook his head.

"But I have a feeling that there are a lot of things I am unaware of." Steve said as they moved to sit inside the office.

Steve watched the screen that showed how Bucky was doing. Sam had gone to the bathroom, the best part was watching Sam's face when he figured out that five guards would be going with him.

"Hey, you wanna see something cool?" Tony asked, walking into the office. "I pulled something from Dad's archive."

Steve had known Tony for about four years now and it was still weird to hear Tony talk about someone who was once Steve's age, and friend, as his father. Especially since Tony was around 17 years older than him.