See You In a Minute

NEW YORK 2012

In a deserted street, four of the 2023 Avengers materialized. Steve walked forward, trying to figure out where they were.

"All right, we all have our assignments." Steve said, after figuring out where in the city they were. "Two stones uptown, one stone down. Stay low. Keep an eye on the clock."

A thud and a roar admitted and it caused all four of them to flinch. They watched silently as the Hulk took out two of the Chitauri and continued to stomp on the car that held one dead one underneath it, until the Hulk caught sight of something and tore off after it. All three of them turned to look at Bruce, who raised his hand up in embarrassment, covering his face.

"Maybe smash a few things along the way." Steve advised.

"I think it's gratuitous, but whatever." Bruce told them and tore off his shirt and tried to act like the Hulk he no longer was.

"You got the time stone?" Steve asked Bruce who nodded and took off, since he was the only one who had actually been there. "That leaves the three of us to get the mind and space stone. You sure you can fly?" He asked.

"I'm a fast learner." Natasha told him, willing her suit to go away and it revealed an old shield suit underneath it.

"Then let's go, we got a lot of ground to cover in a short period of time." Steve said and the three of them started walking towards what would become known as Avengers Tower.

ASGARD 2013

Thor and Loki found themselves walking the halls of their former home with Rocket by their side. Walking through the dungeons, Loki tried not to look at his former self that was busy flipping a cup. When they got to the hallway where Jane had stayed during her time there, Thor went to walk around the pillar, but Loki used all his strength to push Thor behind him. The God of Mischief poked his head around the pillar and watched the scene in front of him.

"For you, Lady Jane." One of the Asgardian maidens said as she handed her an outfit.

"Um, do you have anything with pants?" Jane asked and Loki smirked at that, she was unusual that was for sure.

"Pants?" The maiden asked, clearly confused.

"Never mind." Jane sighed in defeat. "These will be fine. Thank you,"

"Yes, milady." The woman curtsied.

"Oh, there's Jane." Thor whispered.

Rocket shared a look with Loki and the pair nodded. Loki continued to look out for people, while Rocket gave the plan he had come up with.

"All right." Rocket said and jumped off a ledge. "Here's the deal, tubby. You're gonna charm her," Loki did a double take at this, sure this was 2013, but the idea of Thor charming Jane made him uncomfortable. "and I'm gonna poke her with this thing, and extract the reality stone, and get gone lickety-split."

"I'll be right back, okay?" Thor said and moved to leave. "The wine cellar is just down here." Loki rolled his eyes at this. "My father used to have this huge barrel of Aakonian ale. I'll see if the scullery has a couple of to-go cups."

"Hey. Hey!" Loki hissed at him. "Are you not drunk enough already?"

The door opened and they all pressed themselves against the pillars. They all looked around slowly and Thor and Loki felt as if their hearts had stopped beating.

"If you could send Loki some soup." Their mother asked one of her handmaidens.

"Yes, milady." The girl nodded.