A Grateful Universe

Thanos stepped out onto Titan and looked around at his former home in disappointment. When ha saw the remains of the ship, he sighed in disappointment once more, but this time it was directed at Ebony Maw.

"Oh, yeah." Strange said from his spot on a rock, and the titan looked at the sorcerer. "You're much more of a Thanos."

"I take it the Maw is dead." Thanos said, looking away from the doctor and Strange simply nodded. "This day extracts a heavy toll. Still he accomplished his mission." Thanos said, looking at the ancient relic that housed the time stone.

"You may regret that." Strange told him, not showing if the Titan was frightening him or not. "He brought you face-to-face with the Master of the Mystic Arts."

Quill grinned from his hiding place, weapon in hand as Peter discreetly crawled on the structure above Strange.

"And where do you think he brought you?" Thanos asked, walking closer to the Doctor.

"Let me guess." Strange mused, looking around. "Your home?"

"It was." Thanos smiled at the ground and raised the gauntlet, 'restoring' the planet to its former glory. "And it was beautiful. Titan was like most planets. Too many mouths, not enough to go around. And when we faced extinction, I offered a solution."

"Genocide." Strange said in disbelief.

"But random, dispassionate, fair to rich and poor alike." Thanos told Strange. "They called me a madman. And what I predicted came to pass."

Thanos pulled away the illusion and the ghost planet returned.

"Congratulations, you're a prophet." Strange said, sarcasm lacing his words.

"I'm a survivor." Thanos replied.

"Who wants to murder trillions." Strange said in disgust.

"With all six stones, I could simply snap my fingers." Thanos said as he demonstrated with his non-gauntlet hand. "They would all cease to exist. I call that mercy."

"And then what?" Strange asked as he stood up.

"I finally rest..." Thanos clearly spoke, living his dream through his words. "and watch the sun rise on a grateful universe. The hardest choices require the strongest wills."

"I think you'll find our...will..." Strange made his shields once more. "equal to yours." Strange said, determined.

"Our?" Thanos asked.

Thanos looked up as he heard a noice from above him. He was greeted by Tony who came barreling down, pushing part of the wreckage from the planet. The mad Titan raised his gauntlet, activating the power stone as the wreckage fell on top of him.

"Piece of cake, Quill." Tony boasted.

"Yeah, if your goal was to piss him off." Quill growled as Tony flew past him, the man activating his mask and the rockets on his feet.

The wreckage that Tony had thrown on the Titan erupted into pieces of purple as Thanos yelled in rage and it turned from purple to red. Soon a flock of bats came towards Tony, and the billionaire tried his best to fight them off before they flew into him, sending him flying back with them through the ruins of Titan.

Peter lept forward and shot a web into Thanos' eye and then swung forward kicking him in the face. Drax shot forward, knives in hand, and slashed at Thanos' calf. Strange lept through his portal as Drax threw his hand and it collided with Thanos' arm. Strange summoned a sword of gold energy and fought alongside Drax as Quill circled around.