Suiting Up

Tony sighed as he walked into the apartment building. This was quickly becoming out of hand and he just wanted to go back to his new home in California with his beautiful girlfriend and forget about the world for a while.

For the past year, the idea of forming a romantic relationship with Natasha had scared the shit out of him. The last person he had opened up to and shown everything to was Pepper, and in the end she just could not accept everything that came with him.

When him and Natasha had first fallen into bed with each other, it was nothing more than two people trying to mend their broken hearts. Then slowly along the line it changed into a relationship he could not live without. Now that they had gone ahead and admitted to what they felt in some senses, Tony was deathly terrified of losing her. That's what always happens when he gets too close to someone.

Sighing, he came to a stop outside the door to the apartment and raised his hand to knock. Once he did, he heard a reply and he stood back in a professional state. A woman no older than him opened the door. She had begun to say hello, but then she saw who was at the door. The woman stood there with her mouth open and Tony gave her a flirtatious smile.

"May Parker correct?" He asked and the woman just nodded. "I'm Tony Stark." He held out his hand for her to shake.

"Of course." She croaked out. "Uh, please come in." She held out her arm for him.

"Thank you." He smiled.

"So what can I do for you Mr. Stark." The woman asked trying to be discreet as she slightly cleaned the place up.

"I'm here to talk to you about your nephew Peter." Tony told her.

"Walnut date loaf?" May asked.

She held the plate out for him and he accepted one along with a cup of coffee as they sat down on the couch. Natasha had been trying to get him to work on his bedside manner. So he banished all the sarcastic thoughts that came into his mind.

"So what has my nephew done?"

"Um, he applied for a grant in the Stark internship program. If it is alright with you I would like to take him to Germany for a part of the internship. If that is okay with you?" Tony asked.

The woman began to answer when the door to the apartment opened.

"Hey, May." A young man called as he walked in the apartment.

"Mmm. Hey." May called back. "How was school today?" She asked.

"It was okay. This crazy car parked outside." He told her.

He stopped and his eyes slowly got wide as he saw who was sitting next to his aunt on the couch.

"Oh, Mr. Parker." Tony said to him.

"Um..." Peter stuttered and looked much like his aunt had when he was at the door. "What are you doing...Hey! Um, I'm Peter."

"Tony." He told the young man.

"What are you doing here?" Peter continued to stutter.

"It's about time we met." May mouthed words of awe at Peter as Tony talked. "You've been getting my emails, right?" He asked, motioning for Peter to play along.

"Yeah. Yeah." Peter took the hint.

"Right?" Tony confirmed.

"Regarding the..." Peter tried to figure it out.

"You didn't even tell me about the grant." May said proudly.

"About the grant." Peter finished.