What the Future Holds

Tony sped around the facility that looked to be something like an airplane hanger. Man, Hammer never really knew how to change his tactics, did he. Above him, he saw the sky darken and the thunder crack and Tony smiled. When Thor left after they had dealt with Ultron, Tony was not sure if he was ever going to see the God again in his lifetime. So when Wanda said she might be able to reach him telepathically, he knew it was going to be a long shot.

Tony landed on top of the building and allowed his helmet to retract and soon felt another bang against the metal roof.

"Didn't think I'd see you again." Tony said to the blonde God.

"Yes, well, Maximoff can be quite frightening." Thor responded.

"Don't I know it." Tony mumbled. "They tell you everything?"

"Only that a drama queen billionaire kidnapped Lady Natasha and your best friend."

"Who knew you could be so sarcastic?" Tony mocked.

"What are we up against?" Thor asked, a small smile on his face, ignoring Tony's jab.

"Who knows." Tony said. "Hammer himself is not that big of a threat, but there are countless people that hate us and would align with him."

"Guys." Steve's voice came through the coms and Tony's helmet flew back up. "Could use your help getting in."

"Right." Tony agreed. "See you on the other side, point break,"

Tony jumped off the roof and flew off. He knew Thor had followed because the thunder increased throughout the area.

"Alright Nat, where are you?" Tony mumbled to himself. "Ah boy!" He groaned before he flew through the wall, tearing through the metal like it was tin foil.

Natasha stumbled her way through the building, Rollins had his hand fisted in her hair, pulling tightly. She walked past a part of the building with windows and her mouth warped into a smile at the sight of the lightning.

She was glad she had decided to wear a baggy shirt, she did not know if Rollins was informed of that like Hammer said, but it was better to be safe than sorry.

The window ahead of them shattered and someone flew through it, landing gracefully on their feet. Natasha smiled for another moment as her best friend stood up, an arrow already in place.

"Agent Barton." Rollins greeted and wrapped his hand around Natasha's throat.

"Nah, you can call me Barton, the S.H.I.E.L.D. we belonged to is gone and you are going to let my best friend go." Clint said.

"Oh really?" Rollins asked and clicked the safety off on his pistol and placed it by Natasha's temple.

The two men had a staring contest and Natasha held her breath.

Tony flew through the hanger, shooting anyone who tried to shoot at him.

"I mean honestly, do they not realize that the suit is bullet proof?" Tony mocked.

"Boss, Barton has located Miss. Romanoff on the fifth floor." F.R.I.D.A.Y. informed him.

"Alright, I'm on my way." Tony said and turned on his com set. "Barton found Romanoff, I'm heading there right now..."

"No." Steve's voice came through.

"I'm sorry." Tony said, anger lacing his words. "Are you telling me not to go after the woman I love? Remember which one of us actually defied the United States Army to rescue his best friend."