CH20: Dice's Suspicions

Start from the beginning

"Well... Ummm, you know- Uhhh, errrgh-"

"Somethin' the matter, Boss? You lookin' red as a tomato~" Dice teased.

"No! No! I am not! Look, you- BLEH! You can have the crudy holiday! Just if you are going to have it here in the casino, keep it here, not in my domain! As for designs? How about blood decorations all over the hearts to make it fit to my aesthetic. There is no deal here, no debate. Do it or don't even bother having Valentine at all!"

The Dice mustache dropped while Mystic jumped up and down, going to hug Devil. "Oh, thanks so much! I can help with the decorations, Devil, Sir!"

Dice raised a brow. The Devil was sweating pellets off his head. His eyes dart at Dice then back down to Mystic. He pushed her off of him. "What did I say about hugging?! Do that again and we won't be having any fun here! You got the stage tonight and I expect it to go well. Understand?"

"Yes, Sir! Hehe, sorry." The Devil walked passed her, heading down the halls, towards his office.

"Umm," Dice leaned over towards her. "What was that about? He is literally letting us have fun with this holiday? I am very surprised. Mystic? Are ya hiding somethin'?"

Mystic looked up at Dice with a worry expression. "N-no? Not at all! Devil is pretty strange indeed. He was very mean one minute and now it's like he is taking it easy? Heh, heh, I don't think we will ever know what is causing him to be this way. What a change. I got to get the decorations ready. Care to help?"

"Sure? Go on without me, hun, I am gonna go invite a few more patrons and grab a drink before we work." Dice waved off Mystic before walking off. "Strange," he whispered to himself. "I feel that Mystic may be behind this. Devil never would act like this? He was nervous and was keeping somethin' from me. I wonder what? I am gonna get to the bottom of this. This was a test and I think I may have got him in... A lie." Dice chuckled, knowing full well that Devil may have a thing for Mystic. He just knows it.

The Devil closed the door behind him. He sighed in relief to get out of there. Besides Valentine's being a problem in his casino, Dice was pushing his buttons. Devil was having conflicted feelings for Mystic. This was hard and he just didn't know how to admit it. He looked in his dark, crystal ball. He saw that she was being bright as ever and helping the imps, demons, and staff on the decorations on stage for the holiday. The Devil slammed his fist on the table.

"I don't get it?! Why am I feeling this... UGHHHHH!! Mystic?! The moment that my eyes spotted your potential. Your power. Your divine beauty, I just couldn't help myself but to grab that soul of yours. You made the right choice to come here but... This was a terrible choice now that I think about it! You are a curse!"

The Devil sighed, walking slowly towards his desk and sat down. He put his face in his hands. He never really cries but he was whining.

🎵😈I've grown accustomed to her face,

And dreams of us together- just her and I

I've grown accustomed to my taste

For her soul to be in my place

To hear her talk

To see her walk

Into my kingdom of flames

Maybe she can join me in my game

I know this seems so fast

But our friendship will eternally last

Surely, if she accepts me

Are we meant to... Be?😈🎵

The devil got up, walking with his hands behind his back. He had a frown upon his face. Looking through his office window. He could see from afar, the one he- No, he just can't! This was aching his heart. He just needs time to talk to her. Somehow, somewhere private so he could say something. But he just didn't know if it was right to do so. He turned around, holding his mouth before he walked away from the window.