"I'll call you in a sec."

He then passed her a small wrapped box.

"Don't open 'till I call."

He hurried out the veranda door.

Seconds later Matty's cellphone requested FaceTime.

"You look like you are frozen. Get back in here."

"Just a sec. I have to show you this."

Bill turned the cellphone around, to show a new car sitting in the driveway, near his truck.

"What is that?" Matty gasped, excitedly.

"That, my love is a brand new cherry red Rav4 Limited, loaded with all the bells and whistles."

Bill walked around the outside of the car showing Matty the design. He then opened the front door to show the interior.

"Leather seats with butt warmers."

Matty laughed.

"Romantic darling."

"All wheel drive, four wheel drive, fog lights, heated steering wheel, back up camera, blind spot monitor, sun roof, hands free back door, bluetooth and in the back seat."

Bill turned the camera ro the back seat, to show two baby seats, already installed.

"The best baby seats that money can buy."

"It is absolutely beautiful, my love. Now get your ass back in here, you silly man."

A minute later, Bill was back in the house.

Matty hugged and kissed him, even before he had his coat off.

"You are a crazy man, but I love you so much."

"I just want my family safe."

"I have something for you."

Matty walked into the bedroom and returned a moment later with a small box.

"I know you are not one for jewellery, but it would mean the world to me, if you would wear this."

She opened the box and took out a heavy gold chain, with a golden lighthouse attached. She held the lighthouse in her hand and showed to Bill.

"The diamond, for the light, is a symbol of the love I have for you and the love that I will always have. The light will never fade.

The ruby and the emerald are for our babies. Like us, they will forever be a part of our family and this old lighthouse.

The golden lighthouse represents the strength of our family. And that is you. You are the man I love and you are the head of our family and you will be, as long as this lighthouse stands and Tuckamore Bay is, as it is."

Bill leaned down, so Matty could attach the chain to his neck.

"I love you, Bill Williams and the happiest day of my life was the day that we agreed to be as one. We will always be family and our marriage is truly, 'till death do us part and far beyond."