Chapter 9 - Term 2, Week 9

Magsimula sa umpisa

"She's better." Adele smiles at him, though it's not as brilliant as usual. "She's started getting her strength back this weekend, but her next cycle is a week today, so unfortunately, it probably won't last long. But she's not living on the sofa, which is nice. For now."

Lewis hums with a slight raise of his head. "I'm glad she's feeling better. And I hope she has a good week while she's up and about."

Adele breathes a soft laugh. "Thanks."

"Sure thing." He says with another nod, and then carries on his way back to the table of Level 3s and Ben.

"Can we just go back to something for a second, 'cause we haven't had a chance to talk about it?" Paisley queries, setting her fork down on her empty plate.

"What's that?"

Her voice is quieter the next time she speaks. "Lovely, handsome, delicious Ryan came into the college however many weeks ago with his fancy cocktails and his flirty-ness, then took one look at that bitch there," she points at Adele with a smirk, "and basically fell in love with her."

Adele rolls her eyes. "I think 'fell in love' is a bit of a stretch, mate."

"Is it, though?" She refutes. "'Cause I sure as shit don't remember him paying attention to anyone else. And we all know Jess gave it a good go."

Eden cackles, looking at Adele with a proud smile. "I knew she had it in her, really."

"What does that even mean?" Adele asks bemusedly.

"She's got a point." Hattie agrees. "First Harry, now that gorgeous barman. Adele Hahn - Stealer of Hearts."

Adele's laugh is hearty. "You're making me sound like something out of Game of Thrones."

"Did you see him over the weekend?" Eden asks with a poke to her arm.

She sighs defeatedly. "Yes, I did."

"Did you suck his dick?"

"No!" Adele squeals. "It's been a week, will you slow the fuck down?!"

"I'm just asking!" Eden says exasperatedly. "I think the rest of us can agree that if we were in your shoes, we'd have shagged him senseless by now."

Hattie nods furiously, while Paisley appears to sit on the fence for obvious reasons.

"Well, I haven't shagged anyone ever, so... let's not forget that." Adele mutters with a grimace.

"And who's fault is that?" Eden asks rhetorically.

"Have you seen his dick?"

"No." Adele huffs. "Any touchy-feely business has been done clothed. Mostly."

"That means he's sucked her nipples." Paisley says with absolute certainty.

Eden cackles again.

Adele presses her lips together, fighting the coy smile that pulls at her lips.

"He did - look at her face." Paisley giggles.

"Did you like it?" Hattie asks around a wide smile.

"Obviously."

The girls collectively squeal with joy for their friend. Adele is trying not to laugh with glee.

"Have you felt his dick?" Eden tips her head, shifting her body to look at her friend properly.

Adele purses her lips in thought.

"That's not a hard question, mate." Paisley sniggers.

"No, but he might have been hard." Hattie supposes.