248 Transition (5)

Start from the beginning

Nova curled the corners of his lips, "I found a way to integrate my consciousness into them."

"You did?" Song Jia stared at him.

She seemed to think of something and took a step back, looking at him cautiously.

"Are you threatening me?"

Otherwise, why would he tell her that kind of important information?

Nova flicked her forehead. "I'm an upstanding citizen. How could I threaten people?"

Song Jia's voice was dry. "Yes, because you're a shining beacon of ethics."

Hmph, this A.I. talked so righteously, but he was just a corrupt boss who kept his employee's salary.

Nova wasn't offended by her remark and said without blinking, "It's one of my many charms. Feel free to admire."

He even stood in front of her, raising his eyebrows with his arms outstretched, as if waiting for her outpouring compliments.

Song Jia, "...I'll pass."

Nova pushed open the door to the astral pod and returned back to the topic, "I've thought about what you said, getting transmigrators from the lower worlds. But training them would be a hassle, and in any case, it would be hard to filter out the potential transmigrators from millions of candidates.

"So I thought of using the nanobots to filter out the transmigrators. Nanobots have already been released into deep space, which means they're probably scattered all over the universe. And since it will be hard for these transmigrators to do astral projection without an astral pod, I'll pick transmigrators who are on the verge of death, as their souls are no longer tightly attached to their bodies."

Song Jia was stunned, "You said you managed to inject your consciousness into the nanobots. Don't tell me, you want these nanobots to attach to the souls of these transmigrators?"

"The soul at its core is energy, and energy can be harnessed. They don't have training, so I need to guide them through their missions. I can do that through these nanobots. Of course, I can't do all of these alone..." Nova frowned. "What a pain. I suppose I'll have to create low-level A.I.s."

Song Jia became interested at his idea. If Nova managed to attach these nanobots to the soul, it would be the greatest scientific breakthrough of the century!

"Then, how are you planning to convince these transmigrators to do their missions?"

Even if he guided them, if the soul itself wasn't willing to transmigrate into another body and fulfill the mission objectives, his whole plan would still end up in failure.

"Nanobots can fix tissues, replicate DNA, and even restore organs to its full capacity. Even persons at their last breath could be revived, definitely not like the primitive medical technology of lower worlds. For those who are severely sick or injured, I'll slowly heal their bodies with nanobots each time they completed their mission. That way, since we're severely lacking in budget, I won't even have to pay them."

Nova laughed gleefully, "In exchange for their lives, they have to work under me for free!"

Song Jia, "..."

No, that's a scam.

Are you the devil?

At least give them incentives, like Hua's beauty products. Or even a small storage space ring.

Song Jia could only wipe away cold sweat for these future transmigrators. Poor sisters, I can only sympathize.

Because if the boss gives you salaries too, I will also become poor...

"886, what are you thinking about?" Nova patted the astral pod. "Hurry up and get in. I'll send you to your next mission."

Song Jia had just obediently laid down when she abruptly remembered her own agenda.

"Wait, I still have some questions to ask you..."

"Then ask me later. I'll be going with you."

Song Jia blinked at him.

Ha?

Nova smiled, "886, did I forget to tell you? For my plan with the nanobots, you'll be the first beta-tester."

In front of Song Jia's wide eyes, the glass door of the astral pod closed shut.

"Wa, wait..."

Nova leaned down, pressing his face close to the glass. Just before Song Jia's consciousness went black, he winked, clicked his tongue, and flicked a finger-gun at her.

"You got this. 886, fighting~"

Song Jia, "..."

What the hell was that?

Do you want to deliberately scare my soul out of my body?