101: Why?

101: Why do you always defend the villain?

The air felt like it was being twisted into a tight hug by the darkness that seemed to seep from the walls of the Castle. The fluttering torches created jumbled shadows that tricked the inhabitants' trembling eyes. The eerie dance of faint moonlight warped the figure of Chalcedony, the Prince of Darkness, as he made his way through the ominous passageways like a ghost.

The Castle gave way beneath the spectral glow of the moon, groaning with the weight of its own evil. Shrouded in dread, the inhabitants offered their hollow salutations, and the air echoed with hesitant and fearful whispers.

The words slithered through the air, a desperate plea laced with terror: "Hail thy royal highness, hail thee!"

With a chilly gaze, Chalcedony surveyed the fearful subjects, and his very presence cast an unwavering sense of impending disaster over the Castle. Ablaze with unquenchable flames, torches created hideous shadows that appeared to writhe and scratch at the stone walls. Hanging like twisted decorations, lamps gave off a sickly yellow glow that accentuated the suffocating atmosphere.

Skulls adorned the walls, which glowered ominously in the dim light. The eerie atmosphere was enhanced by their hollow eye sockets, which appeared to track Chalcedony's every move. The spotless marble floor beneath his feet was now marred by the effects of time and shadows. It was engraved with mysterious symbols that suggested evil intentions and forgotten rites.

The air itself seemed pregnant with the weight of impending horror as the stench of emptiness grew stronger. The Prince enjoyed the silence in the empress's absence, his footsteps resonating through the empty halls like a melancholy dirge. A servant ventured to address him, "Your royal highness," their voice barely audible above the deafening silence.

Chalcedony halted, his eyes narrowing into malevolent slits. "What?" His voice, a venomous blend of arrogance and disdain, clawed through the eerie stillness, leaving a trail of bone-chilling unease in its wake.

"May naghihintay po sa inyong babae," sabi nito. "Hindi ko po kilala pero kilala daw kayo."

Ganoon na lamang siya naalarma. Who could it be? Kung ang kaniyang Ina lang naman ay wala siyang pakialam. Isang tao lang naman ang nais niyang makita, at ito lamang ang nakakapagbigay sa kaniya ng excitement.

"Spill more."

"Mukhang kaedad niyo. Iba rin po ang mukha niya kumpara sa atin-"

He cut the servant off. "Where? Tell me, where is she?"

Mukhang alam niya na ang tinutukoy nito. Ganoon na lamang naghuramentado ang kaniyang puso. At lalo siyang napuno ng excitement nang maamoy ang pamilyar na bango. Napaka natural niyon at hindi nakakasawa.

"Sa library po."

Hindi na siya nagsayang pa ng oras. Agad niyang tinakbo ang hallway patungo sa library. At hindi siya nagkamali sa kaniyang iniisip nang makita ang kagandahan nitong taglay. Fuck, is this real? For fuck's sake is this really happening? Agad siyang lumapit sa babaeng nagbabasa ng pamilyar na libro. Iyon ang paborito niya, nakatitig ito sa talatang kaniyang minarkahan. Nakakunot ang noo nito habang binabasa ang nakasulat.

Ang kaniyang halimuyak ay kumakalat sa silid. He can't help but smell her quietly. This feels so nostalgic. The emptiness that seemed to be so permanent suddenly vanished, it was filled with agitation and overwhelming excitement.