Ch. 13: The Fighting Festival

Bắt đầu từ đầu

Howzer: "Whirl Shock!"

He sent it forward and it broke all the ice spikes in between us. As it approached me, I put ice on my knuckles and punched the Whirl Shock. It's structure broke apart as a wild breeze flew through the air, throwing some tiny ice particle residue into the air.

Howzer: "Hey, those ice fists look familiar. You remind me of someone Gil and I used to train with."

F/N: Gil... He knows Gilthunder?

Howzer: "Wait... Did you get younger? Your beard looks different..."

I felt my hair and beard with both hands and could feel that my snow was gone. It was blown away with that Whirl Shock attack.

Howzer: "Well, anyway... Let's see how you handle this!"

A ball of wind formed in his palm as he charged an attack. The ball of wind picked up speed until it almost looked like a ball of light with so much magic power packed into such a small attack. He kept it in his palm and came at me. I jumped forward to meet him halfway. I held my iced up palm outwards to meet his wind attack and we were about to clash.

F/N: Wait. I remember seeing this attack before. In fact, I feel like I helped come up with it!

<Flashback>

I was standing in the field by the castle in Liones with a younger Gil and a kid with blonde hair. They sat together in front of me as we discusses their magic power and potential new moves.

Gilthunder: "What do you think of 'Pursuit of the Lightning Beasts'?"

F/N: "I like the concept you came up with, but the name is a bit lengthy."

Gilthunder: "The attack is more important anyways."

F/N: "I guess that's true, Sparky. I'd like to see it in action."

Howzer: "Ooh, I got one! What if I formed a giant ball with my wind, then threw it."

Gilthunder: "Why, so you can quickly clean up all the trash in town?"

Howzer: "Shut it, Gil. You just don't like how my magic is cooler than yours. What do you think, F/N?"

F/N: "Not bad, Breezy. But, I think it'd be better as a smaller ball. Think of it like this. You start out with a larger, wild ball of wind. But then you condense it to be smaller and smaller, bringing those strong winds closer and closer together. Then you charge forward to deliver the blow!"

Howzer: "Yeah, that's way cool! I'll keep that in mind. But what do I call it. Also what's with that nickname?"

F/N: "Don't worry about it. As for the name... How about, 'Spiraling Sphere: Ras--"

<End Flashback>

Howzer: "Spiraling Sphere: Rasengan!"

With that, my frozen palm and the wind sphere in his palm met and we entered a power struggle. Wind whipped all over and snow followed it as my ice chipped away slightly. 

Howzer had a determined look as he fought for control. I dropped my determined look and actually smiled at him. He seemed surprised by this.

F/N: "You sure have improved, Breezy."

Howzer's eyes widened and his mouth was ajar after hearing my words. Out attacks stopped dead in their tracks and he stood frozen for a second.

F/N: Crap! Why did I say that! Now he'll definitely know who I am. But I felt like a proud dad. I didn't think he remembered my attack idea, so I was impressed to see that he had refined it to such an extent. Stupid emotions!

Howzer: "Did you call me 'Breezy'? Only one person has ever called me tha--"

F/N: "I forfeit!"

I blurted out the words before I even knew what to think. Everything stood still for a second as nobody knew what to do for a second. Even my friends stood by, surprised at what just happened. In a few moments, Love Helm jumped in.

Love Helm: "In a shocking twist, Half-Pint has chosen to withdraw from this fight! Therefore, the winner is Howzer!"

The crowd erupted again like they normally would.

Audience Member #3: "I guess the snowy guy got scared of those wind attacks.

Audience Member #2: "Yeah, they looked pretty dangerous. Guess I can't blame him, but it sure was anticlimactic."

Howzer looked around at the crowd, then back at me with a confused look. I gave an awkward smile and chuckle. Then I turned and ran in the opposite direction.

Howzer: "Wait a sec--"

F/N: "Gotta go! Bye!"

I jumped off the cliff completely to the ground below, deciding it was best to get some distance before Howzer could pull something. 

F/N: I'll just change my disguise them sneak back in. Man, what was I thinking? And I wanted to push him further to see what he was really made of. Damn, my big mouth.

They geared up for the next fight and I put a thicker layer of snow in my hair and beard to look different again, then threw a cloak on to cover most of my body and face. The festival's over for me, so I guess I'll just have to settle with being a spectator.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Notes

I apologize for the length of this chapter, but I wanted to fit as much as I could into this chapter. This may be my longest chapter ever with 6,645 words. 

I'll keep this last message brief. If you have any suggestions for this story in the future, feel free to comment. 

Also, do you guys prefer longer chapters or shorter chapters? I try to keep most chapters to about half this one's length, but I just couldn't find a good place to end it and I wanted to keep it going.

Regardless, see you in the next update!