Chapter 27: Surprise!

Depuis le début

They all appeared at once saying, or rather yelling, 'Surprise!' It was now that I noticed Trevino holding his phone out to me, clearly recording me and Ian somehow managed to start recording too. When did he took out his phone?

Everyone started walking towards me to hug me and congratulate me. For what? Oh...yeah...I'm wrapped up on my scenes...all done...all over...

This wasn't something worth celebrating. Thankfully Ian's hand was still on mine and he gave it a reassuring squeeze before letting go so Candice could hug me first.

"Congrats" she whispered in my ear and I answered with a small smile when she pulled away.

They all took turns to hug me and even take a picture with me. This went on for about 2 minutes. Hugs were shared with Nina too when she said the next party would be for her since the 6th season would be her last. Then Candice appeared from between everyone -Weird. When did she ever left?- with a cake that said 'Congrats, Veronica!' with frosting. The sight made me giggle. She looked so excited and yet so nervous for my reaction. I gave her the widest smile I could manage, forgetting all my latest thoughts and all trace of nervousness disappeared from her face. Now with a brighter smile on her lips, Candice guided me to the table where she settled the cake and got ready to serve it.

-x-

An hour later, we were still in the break room, hanging out, having a great time together.

Trevino tried to redeem himself and challenged me to another COD match. It started as a friendly play through, at least for me. But as time went on, it was getting more intense and the people around us started noticing him struggling a bit and gathered around us to watch the show.

Paul and Alex sat down beside me in one of the couches. I noticed Paul's hand was resting on Alex's knee. Rumors about Paul Wesley dating an unknown woman were already spreading all over the media and they've been seen together a couple times. What can I say? At least she can brag about it and doesn't has to hide it...

Trust me, Alex. I thought. Being there. Done that. It sucks.

All the ranting in my head wasn't enough to distract me from my goal. Everyone in the room started cheering as I found Trevino's character and shot him right in the head without giving him a fighting chance.

"Those head shots be on point!" Said Alex with a hood accent while giving me a high five.

"Them reflexes though." I answered her in the same accent and we both started laughing together.

-x-

After a while, everyone started leaving. One by one, the hugged me again and congratulated me before leaving. By now, only Ian, Alex and Paul remained.

We were spread around on the couches, Alex was laying comfortably on Paul's chest and he had his arm around her. The sight made me want to come clean about Ian and I to Paul. Only because I also needed to be wrapped in Ian's arms now.

I was looking at Ian talking about some conventions the cast had to go to after the Halloween/Birthday party but, honestly, I wasn't paying much attention.

I was immensely lost in the beauty that is Ian Somerhalder. From where I'm sitting, in one end of the couch with my legs resting on Ian's lap, all I could see was his profile. I was mesmerized.

It almost hurts to watch him. He shines. He's brighter than the sun. Too beautiful for my eyes to witness. It's hard to look at him but it's even harder to look away from him.

It took all the strength in me to do it. I looked away from him and saw Alex's sympathetic look. I knew she knew exactly what was going through my mind. How much I needed to show the world how lucky I was. I responded to her look by taking a deep breath and giving her a 'What else can I do?' look.

-x-

After Paul and Alex left, it was only Ian and I. We decided to leave as well when Julie insisted on taking a picture with me and then said it was okay for us to leave.

We were walking in comfortable silence when I felt his hand slip into mine and all my senses were alarmed. From one side, craving his touch and cherishing in it. For the other, worried that some one could see us.

I decided to go the smart way and slightly started to pull my hand out of his in the most polite way but he squeezed it in place.

"Don't." He said. I looked at him for an explanation. "It took all the self control for me not to do this in front of everybody. So don't. I need it." He said the last part as if he has talking about air.

We got to my car and it was the whole walked-you-home-from-the-first-date kind of vibe. He kept his eyes on our holding hands and flashed a smile down at them. His eyes came to meet mine and he walked closer to me, so close that our chests were in contact. His free hands found its way to my face and was caressing it softly. I was overwhelmed by his sudden outdoors share of affection.

"What are you doing to me?" He asked. It sounded like he was asking that to himself rather than me.

With my free hand, I took his hand, the one on my face, and kissed it. Our hands landed by either side of us still holding each other and I leaned up to him. Our lips met mid way in a much needed kiss. When we pulled away, we kept our foreheads together.

"Have you fallen in love before?" He asked. He spoke with his eyes closed.

"Yes I have. I few days ago." I answered. His eyes opened in a flash and pierced right through me. A smile grew on his lips as he took my face into his hands and kissed me again, answering any and all my unspoken questions.

Guess the feeling is mutual, I thought.