🤍 Chapter 41 🤍

Depuis le début

Things were not very different at the Bakugo House.

Mitsuki was the one to open the door and Kimitsuki wondered if Katsuki hadn't arrived home yet until she caught sight of Katsuki's stuff in the Genkan. But she couldn't see the male himself anywhere and she wondered if he was also okay.

"Oh, Kimitsuki-Chan, it's good to see you!" Mitsuki said. "How did your internship go? Where did you go for yours? Katsuki joined Best Jeanist,"

"Best Jeanist?" Kimitsuki asked, and she was slightly envious, giving that she wanted to be around such a Hero, too. "Oh, I went to Endeavour's Agency... and it went really good. I learned a lot. I, uh, brought some Taiyaki and Shiruko for Ka-Chan,"

"It's always a pleasure to have your food," Mitsuki said. "You should come in; I'll receive the food and pass on your utensils back – I've already got your last ones around and Katsuki's always been very sour whenever I ask him to return it to you,"

"Is he?" Kimitsuki asked, taking off her shoes to follow Mitsuki inside, hoping to catch sight of Katsuki and be assured he was alright. "I'm not... surprised,"

"I would imagine," Mitsuki replied, chuckling at her reaction. "You've known him for a long time now. But don't worry, it's only because he doesn't want to admit that he liked it,"

"I'm happy even just knowing," Kimitsuki admitted, and even though she was well aware of the fact, she still inquired, "Is, um, Ka-Chan home?"

"He came in some time ago," Mitsuki answered. "He was just here – where did he go? Ah, I think he mentioned that he was feeling under the weather suddenly –"

Kimitsuki frowned to herself, sure that she had seen Katsuki's bedroom curtain flutter but at the end, she just hoped that all of her classmates would be coming to school tomorrow because she wanted to see them again and make sure they were alright.

"Ka-Chan must take care of his health more," Kimitsuki muttered but was distracted by the dresses laid out in the living room of the house. "Um, is everything okay...?"

"Oh, certainly," Mitsuki replied, waving it off. "I was just ironing some stuff – does anything catch your eye? It's been a while since I saw you in a dress,"

"I'm... more interested with designing and making clothes than wearing them," Kimitsuki admitted. "I wanted to be a modiste but the Hero Life chose me,"

Mitsuki laughed and Kimitsuki smiled.

"Do you have pictures of your dresswork?" Mitsuki asked. "I would love to see them,"

There were several pictures on Kimitsuki's phone, and by the time the two of them finished going over it all, it was getting rather late. Kimitsuki bowed goodbye to Mitsuki near-hundred times, shy with the compliments she had received for her work.

"Good night, Mitsuki-San, thank you," Kimitsuki said, bowing one last time. "Please pass my greetings to Ka-Chan and let him know that I wish him health quickly,"

"Be safe on your way home!" Mitsuki called out after her and Kimitsuki nodded with a smile.

The moon was high up by now, and Kimitsuki somehow felt like she would've liked it if Katsuki was feeling better and had walked her home. It made her face warm up at the mere thought of it, and she shook her head at her stupid thoughts.

"I suppose Ka-Chan should wear warm clothes," Kimitsuki said and then hid her face in her hands, blushing to herself. "I'm sorry, Neko-Chan, I'm being stupid,"

Neko-Chan meowed and jumped down from her shoulder, darting forward and Kimitsuki looked after him in confusion, jogging forward to see what was up.