Chapter Nineteen

Začať od začiatku

"Why didn't you tell me any of this sooner?" He asks as he continues walking which makes me silently trail behind him. There is only so much pride and dignity I'm willing to part with before I become angry.

"I said I couldn't."

"Why?"

"Pierce, I still can't tell you." I mumble out reluctantly causing him to scoff and my eyes to narrow.

"Why do you find it whereas I have to tell you everything about me and none about yourself? You think you're the only one entitled to answers?" This causes him to stop in his tracks and face me with a glare.

"I am an Alpha. I am a King of a place you want nothing to do with. You cannot expect me to be able to tell you everything. You're being nothing but unreasonable," I surmise before walking pass him with anger of my own. Before I can get an arms length away from him he grabs my arm and pulls me towards him.

"Cassius, the idea of us is unreasonable."

"Then let go of me! Don't bother with me any longer. If you want nothing to do with me then I have to accept that." I pry my arm away from his tight grip, however he just captures it again and tugs me even closer to him.

"I don't understand why being with me is such a hard concept to understand? Why is it so difficult for you to accept? Minus the title, minus the land I was born in I am very much the same person as before!" I yell becoming noticeably upset.

"Goddess Cassius." He pulls me into his arms making the sparks reignite between us almost instantaneously. "You're my mate. . .we both very well know that. . ." I hear him mumble into my ear cooling down my temperament down within seconds. The power he has over me is truly...scary.

His strong, careful arms bind around my waist making feel like some kind of damsel-in-distress. I'm not used to being held like this by anyone and I do not plan on getting used to it either. . .But. . .I don't mind if it's him.

My cheek lays against his rampant beating heart causing a small smile to appear on my lips. It's beating so fast I thought it would burst out of his chest at any given moment. The power I have over him... I know he must feel the same way too.

". . .I don't expect you to give me all the answers I ask you. It's a bit unfair to ask of you. However, I was only trying to get you to see why this can't be possible."

All I can think about is the smell bouncing off of him that I love so much intermingling with my own. I hug him even tighter like he would change his mind if I did not. It has felt like it's been so long since we've been this close together. Centuries even.

I know keeping our relationship a secret is impossible and that's also something I no longer wish to have. Cecilia means nothing to me. But I can't expect him to know that. I have to prove it.

"I understand." I quickly mumble out against him. "You came so it's fine." After a couple seconds I push away from him. He's only trying to be "reasonable" as stubborn as he is. Sensibility of things means absolutely nothing when it comes to matters of the heart.

But he's Pierce.

As we reach The Canopy I've never had this much feelings of nervousness nestled in the pit of my stomach before. The place, itself, is something special to me. Besides my brother, no one has ever come here. It's a little nerve-wrecking.

I watch a curious expression come onto his face. He gazes at the small house I call The Canopy. Its roof is made of nothing but glass and sheer curtains are looming around the walls. The little rays of sunlight left illuminated the glass house making it look almost ethereal.