C23

Luckily, I kept a backup key under the welcome mat.

As I opened the door, I laid down on my sofa, thinking about how today had gone.

Suna had kissed me. And I liked it. Even though I did not get anything back, I felt needed. When would be the next time we would do that again? Let alone, would there even be a next time?

I got up and went behind the kitchen counter and filled up a glass of water and drank it, the taste of him leaving my mouth. I went to the bathroom to check how I looked, and as I took off my shirt, I turned around to see the small fingernail marks he had left on me. I smiled.

I changed into some comfortable shorts, and put on whatever hoodie I saw around me. This time, it was Suna's hoodie he had given me. I will just wash it again before I give it back to him, if anything. I was just too lazy to look for another one.

As I fell into bed, I pulled the top of his hoodie closer to my face. It smelled of cologne, and cinnamon.

I had easily fallen asleep that night.

-

When I had woken up the next morning at my usual time, I checked my phone.

Atsumu had texted me.

Since there's no practice today, I'm gonna take you home and we're going to hang out. No other option for you. Sorry not sorry ;).

I smiled at the text.

It genuinely sucks that I have to hang out with you. Genuinely. ://.

As I got up, I felt my throat feel weird.

It wanted what happened yesterday to happen again.

I shivered at the thought, and took a shower.

Once I got out, I had seen that my throat had a bruise in the corner. It was not from a hickey, but from his grip alone.

If he could get aggressive just by making out, I wonder how much more aggressive he could get if we ended up doing more than just making out.

Once I got ready, I plugged in my earphones and headed to the bus stop. I stood, playing a game on my phone until I got one of my earphones taken out.

"Suna?"

He did not smile or anything. He put the earphone in his ear and nodded his head along to the song.

"Is this The Neighborhood?" He asked.

I nodded. "You know who The Neighborhood are? They're one of the best groups to ever be made, in my opinion."

He held onto his backpack and turned, facing the same direction I was towards the bus, not taking out my earphone.

"No one else I know listens to it."

I looked at his face. In the cold, his face seemed whiter than usual, but his green eyes popped out against his skin.

I looked back at the street ahead of us.

He continued, not making eye contact with me. "Yesterday...Do you regret it?"

I stared at the streets, thinking it over.

"No, I don't."

He nodded.

"Do you?" I asked.

He also took a second before answering.

"No, I liked it."

The air around us became awkward all of a sudden.

"I-"

"Hey-"

We faced each other, starting to talk at the same time. We stared at each, both of us were blushing. We looked away again.

I started, "You go first."

"I- I just wanted to say that I know you and Kita were a thing. Or are a thing. I don't know. That's why I think maybe it was...good to be a one time thing."

I nodded. Taking in his words.

I was going to tell him that I did not want it to stop. I would not mind being friends with benefits. I knew I would not.

"Why do you think Kita and I are a thing?"

"I mean...aren't you two?"

That was a dumb question I had asked. But I told him honestly, "Kita and I had established that we were just friends. But, he does still come up to me and we do talk."

But I haven't felt the things with him that you made me feel.

"So you are."

"I don't know." I responded.

Even though we were listening to the music together, the tension between us was brought up again.

I did not want what happened yesterday to stop us from being friends.

The bus pulled up and I took my earphone back, as Suna got onto the bus first, then me. Once he sat down, I sat down next to him.

"So why did you take the morning bus today?" I questioned him.

"I was running late today. It happens to everyone, you know."

"Right, right." I nodded.

He had gone on his phone, so I took out a book from my bag and a highlighter. Nothing like 6:45 in the morning to get your brain juices running.

After a while, with his eyes still glued to his phone, Suna said, "What are you doing?"

I looked at my history textbook, highlighting a certain war we had to know about for a test. "What does it look like I'm doing?" I sarcastically spoke.

"Studying." One word. That's all he said.

I looked at him. "Good job! I'm so glad you were able to state the obvious! What would you like as a reward? A treat?"

He rolled his eyes. "You're acting like I was the one on my knees begging yesterday."

I was in total shock that he had said that out loud. I covered his mouth with my hand that was not holding the highlighter. I looked around to see if anyone heard that, since he had not whispered it but the two or three people on the bus were sitting in the front.

I let my hand go then slapped his head. "DON'T SAY THAT STUFF IN PUBLIC." I whispered loudly.

Suna had pursed his lips, then all of a sudden started laughing out loud. As he laughed, I could not help but smile.

Whenever I smiled around Suna, it was never a fake one.

Suna's POV:

She had asked me why I was late.

To be honest, I just wanted to see her in the morning because if we did not have practice, there was no reason to see her after school.

As she was studying, I looked at her features as she focused on her book. She was such a nerd. But it was adorable.

Her eyelashes were so long, her lips were so pink and full. The way she bit her lips or chewed the inside of her cheek when she was in deep thinking. Her nose was so cute, too. And, her skin was so smooth. I wanted to touch more of it. But I knew I could not.

Once I said that she was acting like I wanted to get on my knees, I saw her face go from sarcasm to shock in an instant. Her cheeks had turned a really rosy shade of pink, as she blushed after my words. It was so easy to smile, just by talking to her.

But if I wanted her, I wanted her to myself only.