C5

It was a new day. Yesterday was my first day as a manager, and I guess one could say it wasn't the most successful first time, but it definitely WAS NOT the worst thing in the world.

I was still in my bed and I checked my phone, it was 6 so the bus came in half an hour. I put my phone back on the counter and stared at the ceiling. I started thinking back to yesterday.

Kita held my hand. I liked it. Did he? He probably didn't even think about it. I couldn't stop from smiling. And then my eyes got wide. Suna was on top of me and his eyes were almost....mesmerizing. I thought back to that moment.

Did he wear...eyeliner?

But then I remembered that everyone was around us. I covered my face to bury a scream from embarrassment.

After being ashamed of myself for two more minutes, I got up and took a quick shower and put on my light makeup again, then put on my uniform. I checked my phone and it was 6:23 A.M. I grabbed a healthy grain bar and put on my shoes, grabbed my volleyball bag making sure I packed my sweatpants this time then left. I plugged my headphones then head out toward the bus stop. How come I haven't noticed Suna on the bus before? Does he not take it in the morning? When I got on the bus, I looked around and I didn't see anyone else except a teacher at the school and another random person.

I sat down in the back of the bus like I always do, taking out my History textbook and highlighter. As the bus made it's way to school I continued to study, thinking of nothing but what was in the book, and how I could be more helpful for the team. I'm 19 years old, I need to be able to act like my age.

When I got to school, I went straight for the library. On my way, I noticed the gym. Suna was already there. So was Osamu. They were serving and talking to one another. I assumed Kita and Atsumu were in the library so I kept going.

Once I got to the library, I saw Astunu and Kita next to each other at a table. I walked over and took a chair and sat next to Atsumu. Kita and Atsumu both smiled and Atsumu yelled, "Y/N! I MISSED YOU!" Kita and I both shushed him and laughed under our breaths.

"So how was your first day as our manager y/n?" Kita asked me.

I looked at him and smiled, "Honestly, I really like you guys! I'm really hoping to get to know all of you more and be of more help."

Kita nodded and took in every word I said. "Well, your bright energy is already enough for us. Everyone notices how you change the mood anywhere you go. It's obvious y/n." 

My eyes were wide open. I can tell I was blushing. "Oh, thank you Kita. That means a lot to me." My smile was so wide right now and I looked at the floor of the library and avoided eye contact.

How stupid are you Y/N? He's just a guy giving you a compliment, not confessing his love for your

Atsumu looked between the two of us and laughed and said, "Well, I'm going to leave you two nerds alone. I think Suna and Osamu are practicing right now in the gym. Kita, you coming?"

Kita looked at Atsumu and shook his head. "I have to clean the ladies' bathroom. The one no ones using right now in the building next to the gym. I have twenty minutes before class starts anyways so might as well start now."

As soon as he said that, I said, "Why don't I help you?"

Kita looked at me and said with a sincere smile, "I don't really need any help Y/N!"

I asked again, "Are you sure? I really don't have anything else to do. I don't mind!"

"Are you sure?" Kita said.

"Yup! I'd love to help." I smiled at him.

Kita looked at me and paused for a second before saying, "If you don't mind, then I would love if you helped me."

Atsumu said bye to the both of us and patted my head and Kita and I headed to the bathroom with no conversation. It was comfortable silence. 

The bathroom was dimly lit thanks to the little light coming out of the dirty window, and the bathroom itself was a MESS. It would be so satisfying to take off a bunch of these spots on the wall next to the sinks. I checked the sinks to see if they were still working, which they were, but since they weren't used the actual sink was dirty. So I took some water and threw it around the sink to get some stains off and I saw some paper towels in the dispenser and cleaned the rest. Kita took out a spray and new white rags from his backpack and sat down in front of the wall. I chuckled.

"You keep rags in your bag?"

He nodded, "You don't?" He laughed.

His laugh was almost contagious. I loved hearing it.

Once I cleaned the other two sinks I sat down next to him, making sure my skirt wouldn't get dirty.

I took the spray and sprayed in the area I was about to clean. I picked up a rag and asked if it was okay if I used it and he said it's completely fine.

I started wiping down the wall and there was a CLEAR difference between what the wall looked before we cleaned and after just one wipe.

While wiping in another moment of comfortable silence, I looked at Kita, with a face that looked like he was deep in thought, I wondered what he was thinking about. He was the captain of the volleyball team, cleaned all of these bathrooms, maybe even had something going on at home since everyone always has something, regardless if it's a conflict, little or big. I look back at what I was cleaning and continued to wipe.

"What's that?" Asked Kita.

"What's what?" I asked.

"The song you're humming."

I was humming?

I asked, "I was humming a song?"

And then I remembered.

"I'm SO obsessed with this anime called Attack On Titan, and there's this song called 'Red Swan'. It's so addicting."

"Really? I'm not a big anime watcher, but, I might watch it now that you told me about it!"

I got happy. Imagine. A guy watching an anime for me. That sounds like a dream. He probably won't watch it, but the thought of it makes me happy.

"You should! It's really good! The action is SO intense and mesmerizing, and the TITANS. They're kind of creepy but the suspense is so intense and I have no clue what comes until it all hits and I literally-"

Kita started laughing.

"Y/N I didn't know you could talk so much about the things you liked."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

I mean I could go on for hours and hours about certain anime shows but I was only getting started.

"Y/N. I need to tell you something."

He continued to clean the wall and I looked at him.

"What's wrong? Did I bore you? Oh, if I did then I'm really sorry. I won't go on and on about something like that if it bothers you. I know anime isn't for everyone."

He didn't look at me, but he said,

"I like you."