Was it really love? Chapter 5

When I woke up the next morning I saw my mother and felt her squeeze my hand a little. It was obvious that today she would not do anything, again. I slowly got up and walked down the stairs to the kitchen. I opened the fridge to get milk for my usual cereal and I was outof it. Shit. Now I had to get dressed, walk to the store, socialize, buy milk, come home, make cereal, and then probably go to bed. Great.

I got changed into dark jeans shorts and a Florida University t-shirt. My hair was tied up sloppily and no make up. I was gonna go to the store and back no stops, I wrote mother a note of where I was off to and left. I was walking down the sidewalk, I got bored and checked my phone halfway to the grocery store. I had two messages one from Travis and one from Radley? 

From travis

~Hello, I'm sorry if I had brought up something to personal yesterday. Maybe we could talk sometime?

From Radley

~I heard what happened. Do you want to talk about it?

Oh great. I have my long time crush who has a girlfriend and is a jackass asking if I need to talk. And an adorable and sweet guy wanting to talk. Or I could just get milk and sleep at home... But it would be rude if I did not reply, I smile and start typing.

To Travis

~ It is fine, no need to worry. And yes, I would love to talk sometime.

To Bradley

~ Please don't bother yourself with it, I am fine. I don't need to talk about it with you.

Okay maybe I was a bit rude to Radley, but I was still hurt from finding out he had a girlfriend. Or I think it's his girlfriend. I felt a buzz in my pocket and then another after that. I decided to walk to the store before checking them, or else I might run into a pole.

I walk another mile or two then I arrive at Food Pub our horrible grocery store. I slowly walk to the entrance and get a basket. I walk over to the refrigerator isles, I pick up a gallon of 2% milk and head to the candy isle. I pass a familiar figure, and didn't have time to stop and recognize them until I feel a hard grip on my shoulder. 

"What do you mean you don't want to talk to me about it?"

 I tense up and turn around to see Radley staring at me waiting for a response.

"I mean that you can go snuggle with your girlfriend and not bring up my problems. Okay?" 

I heard my voice waver and was louder then I expected or what others expected apparently. A few shoppers looked our way then to the ground when they saw my tears silently and gracefully leap from my eyes.

"...Raylynn, calm down. Please, lets go outside and talk okay?"

I barely heard his voice over the mumbling of others. I shake my head no.

"No, I need to buy some food. Please leave."

 I walk away from him, but feel his shadow follow me around the store. I go and get chocolate and mint ice-cream, some bags of gummy candies, and four different movies. I make it to check out and out the store before turning around to confront Radley.

"Fine, what do you want Radley?"

" Ray, I know that you saw me and Paula. I also know you ran out the door and found out your father died..."

I flinch and hold back a sob remembering my father and the reality of the situation.

"Yeah, so what? does it really matter?"