Learning the Truth, Chapter 2

It kept replaying in mind, my mother crying, my father falling apart, and my sister running out of the house before I could say take me with you. While reminiscing about what just went down I was walking down Maple street towards the park behind the old church where the white paint was peeling. That was the place I always went to when things got to stressful, which was happening a lot lately. Making my way to the church I remember when my family and I first moved here.

At the time I was just turning five years old. We were a lower middle class family, it was before my fathers business started to move to different states. On the first Sunday of August, our family had gone to this church. I remember afterward we stayed awhile and I found the park behind the freshly painted white church. The swings still shiny metal with bright green seats, the slide was a sun dulled yellow.

Looking at the old swing set and slide now it didn't resemble the wonderful memory from almost eleven years ago. I still made my way slowly to the presently dulled metal swing set, the dark green seats now had dirt packed into all the cracks. I gave it a weak swipe with my hand and sat down slowly pushes my feet at the ground making we swing back and forth. I started to think of what had happened back at my house.

After walking into my home and seeing my mother cry and saying she had done something wrong. Seeing her cry had distracted me enough to let my older sister slip down the stairs without notice. I heard the loud slam of the door making my mother let out a wale and cough a little on her tears. I ran to the front door to see my sister, Laine, throw her suitcase in the back of her Range Rover and hop in the front seat. She looked at me only when leaving the driveway. I walk back over to where my mother was before and I didn't find her until I heard a crash from upstairs. I ran up the stairs almost falling down them twice before making it to my parents bedroom. I opened to door to see glass scattered across the floor and a table pushed on its side. I step into the room to view more of the scene, my parents look over at me, my mother was sobbing with her eyebrows furrowed in anger. I look to my father, I let my lungs concave as the air leaves my body. In my eyes my father was a very tough, anger, violent, but sweet guy, but when I turned my head to look at him I saw none of the man I loved. I saw someone whose aged doubled, a person who always stood strong was shaking with an unreadable emotion. My father turned his head toward me and I saw something I never wanted to see, my father had tears sprinting from his eyelids. His steel blue eyes looked blurred from the tears piling up, I heard a breath catch in my mothers throat. I turned to her again and waited the hear what all of this was about.

"Ray.... I did not do this to hurt you or Laine, and I never meant to hurt your fathers feeling." She started to say having two more tears tumble down her red cheeks, they were raw from rubing the tears away. "I only wanted to feel accepted, I wanted someone to treat me sweet." My mother had made her way to me, only a few feet away from where I stood.

"Taylor, please." I heard my dads voice crack in pain as he called my mothers name. " I can change, I still love you....It was my fault, I was bad! Please!"

"Chandler...stop." My mother turned to him then back to me having her tears falls down in a constant rhythm. " R-ray, I... I cheated on your father."

After hearing that it's like my body shut down, but no one noticed that I had shut them all out. They must not have heard the four thick walls that crashed down around my heart, they didn't hear the shattering of my life. My hearing was tuned out, so I couldn't hear the screaming between my parents anymore. I only watched, not being able to speak because my throat has closed and refused to open. So I screamed with no sound coming out, no one noticed it though, their mouths stopped moving, I could only see their pained faces. My father walked to me and hugged me, I wrapped my arms around him and he quickly pulled me off. He continued to walk out of the room, down the stairs, and to the door. He turned and I watched his lips form words, but I couldn't tell what he said all I knew is my mother mouth something back. He opened the door stepped out and slammed it shut, I felt the house give a shake as he did so. Then the noises came back all at once, but a minute to late.

"Taylor, please, say don't go." My father voice came into my head and it sounded like it was scrapping on the pieces of a broken heart.

"Chandler... Please I deserve to be alone." My mothers voice was quiet and low, it sounded like it only had energy left to run to fathers ears and die with him.

I felt my knees buckle and the hard granite tiling hit them. I ignored the physical pain, but the emotional wave of depression drowned every other feeling I thought I had. My face was red and my vision was gone. My tears have made a wall, blocking out my sight. I remember standing and going to my window, climbing out of it and jumping to the ground. I ignored the throbbing of my ankle and walked.

When I came back to the present my eyes had filled again and the deep pain in my chest was back. It felt like the hands of my loved ones had grabbed my heart and repeatedly squeezed it until the blood stopped flowing making me shake against the nonexistent wind. I felt a warm hand rest on my shoulder along with a warm breath in my ears, I knew they was trying to say something, but I didn't listen. I turned my head up to look at them and rubbed my eyes, which were red and my face was swollen from the tears. When my eyes finally focused I was confused, and felt my hearts pieces gather in a pile of blood colored glass.

"What...What was that Radley?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I DIDN'T UPDATE IN AWHILE, SO SORRY, I WILL TRY TO UPDATE MORE! And yes I am gonna end this chapter with a cliff hanger. DEAL with it. Please.