School Frenzy, Chapter 8

I woke up by the sound of an annoying beeping, it was what brought me out of my splendid sleep to the edged reality. I literally rolled off the side of my bed and half walked, half crawled to the bathroom. After cleaning myself up I made my way to eat breakfast, Captain Crunch cereal as my breakfast tradition. I dragged myself back up the stairs to get my hair done and get dressed. I straightened my pink hair and put it in a half up hair style. Then I got dressed in a sweet heart neckline dress with sheer fabric that connected  from the top of the lining in the dress to around my neck. It was a pearl white colored dress with silver embroideries on the bottom climbing their way to the waist line like vines climbing a princesses tower. Scattered in the embroidered vines were rhinestones that were made to look like diamonds that glittered in the light, as if they alone could be their own solar system. 

I put in a hair pin shaped like a star with diamond like jewels along the edge of it with dangled chains holding their own rhinestones. The chains swang when I walked and hung off the star to make an illusion of it lifting back into the sky. I put on silver glitter covers heels making me grow another four inches taller that what I really was. I applied my make up with a darker gray eyeshadow with a metallic silver eyeliner, my mascara was sprinkled with sparkles and my cheeks were scattered with the flecks of glitter as well. My lips were a shade pinker then the natural color and the blush was barely visible, I knew that when I saw Radley I would naturally blush so why double the affect? I walked down the stairs and to my sisters car, she agreed to give me a ride to school for once. We made it to school in time to see Radley kiss Paula goodbye with Preston standing besides them awkwardly. When I stepped out of the car I knew everyone had seen me, I was wearing a more formal dress then usual and my family has been the talk of the town, so I was defiantly nervous if anything. I felt the presence of two people walk up besides me and I look over to see Preston closest to me and Radley on his other side. I gave them a smile and a wave for a good morning.

"Wow, Ray you look gorgeous."

I smile and feel a tinge of gilt, just a little for never noticing Preston. He was Radley's Brother, and he went to our school. Even if he was an upper class-men, I should have tried to be more observant.

"Thank you Preston."

"He is right Ray, you look stunning."

I felt my cheeks burn the moment his words hit my ears. I nod and try to just keep up a normal, casual chatter among the three of us, we talked until the first bell then we were in a hurry to reach class before the second bell rang. I am so thankful that Radley is in my first period, that way we could chat during work time, right?

Wrong,  I had no time to talk to him until lunch and that time he saves for talking to his buddies. I sat at my table with Stacy and Dancy along with some other girls that weren't my close friends. I just watched Radley walk to his friends and eat his lunch, then I feel a nudge against my shoulder. I look over to the elbow in my shoulder and see its was Preston's.

"Hey Preston, what are you doing?"

"Well I was bored and saw you just sitting here so I wanted to eat lunch with you. Is that so bad?"

"Preston you don't eat you lunch for another half an hour, are you skipping class to see me?"

I hear my friends snicker, and I blushed a little. I send my friends a glare, and they shut up. Of course that didn't stop all the people that did like Preston from glaring at me.

"Hmmm. Maybe I did maybe I didn't. That doesn't really matter because I am still gonna sit here and eat lunch."

He did his signature smile and sat across from me. I felt the hate thoughts that came scattered across the cafeteria from Preston's followers. I ate lunch trying my best to make small talk with others around me, sending a fake air of happiness. When the lunch bell rang again I dumped my tray and made my way to my next class and my school day went by slowly. Once and awhile I feel the heat of a glare, then other times I felt the chill breeze that blew from a person giving me pity. It was really uncomfortable and suffocating, I pushed through the school day like pushing a heavy wheel barrow threw dirt. I finally made it to English the last class of the day, the teacher was nice and gave us a lot of free time. We had a paper due in two weeks, but I knew I could finish it in two days. So I usually stole glances at Radley and listen to music. He did nothing in this class either. He had no friends to talk to so I was not to surprised when he came and sat next to me, but happy none the less. It was silent for awhile, then he must had figured out that I was not doing ay work because he started a conversation.

"Umm....Hey ray? You aren't doing homework right?"

"No, I'm not, why?"

"Well I was bored and wanted to talk, but I didn't know if I was interrupting your reading."

I smiled at the thought that he had wondered if he could ever bother me, I blew air out of my nose as a silent chuckle and look at him.

"No need to worry I never really work in this class."

"Hmm yeah Mrs.Fobbe doesn't really care."

I made a small nod and looked down at my Iphone which was playing music into the one ear bud I had in. I look at Radley and held up the other ear bud, gesturing for him to listen with me, he took it while shuffling closer to me until our shoulder touched.  I reshuffled the music and it started to play the song Dear No One by Tori Kelly. I blush and leave to song playing, hoping he doesn't hate it because I had recently become to like it. I feel his shoulder's heat radiating onto mine until the ending bell rang. I slowly stood up and gathered my stuff when I felt Radley tap my shoulder. I turn around hoping the blush was not to noticeable.

"Hey Ray, did you want to come to my apartment? we can watch a movie and work on the homework for Spanish together."

"Yeah, that sounds super fun, so I will meet you in the parking lot."

"Awesome then It's a date."

I hear him give a chuckle and walk away smiling as always. Then when I replayed the sentence in my head while gathering my stuff My face turned crimson and lost my grip on the my supplies I was holding. Did he just say Date?!