Encountering Magcon

"Hey, a girl your age shouldn't be alone at a bus stop."

My head snapped up. I was surrounded by a large group of older boys, maybe ages 17-19, and one younger boy probably age 14-15. I backed up only to hit the side of a gray brick building. I was trapped. One of them grabbed my arm and said, "No seriously, you shouldn't be out here." I kicked his shin, hard, and wrenched my arm away, causing the boy to curse. Breaking through the edge of the circle, I ran for the alley down the street, knowing I could hide behind the dumpsters in the back. I heard footsteps behind me and knew the boys were following in pursuit.

When I got to the alley, I sprinted for my hiding spot, but I stopped short because the second dumpster wasn't there anymore! I turned around hoping to make it out of the alley before the boys came, but I was out of luck. They were right behind me. I shuffled backwards until I felt my spine hit  the wall of the alley. "Please don't hurt me." I whispered, but the boys just kept staring unfeelingly at me. The oldest-looking one asked, "Why are you out here alone?"

I crumpled to the ground sobbing, as the boys looked on in concern. "He -hic- killed her and th-th-then he -hic- tried to k-k-k-kill me!" With every word I steadily cried louder, until I was wailing. One of the boys, not the one who grabbed me on the street, crouched down next to me and put a hand on my shoulder. "Woah, woah, woah! Back up and start from the beginning." I sniffled a little, tried to compose myself, and told these strangers my story.