𝕆𝕟𝕖

Constance Pov

I shot up out of bed after another bad dream about Reggie. I felt the tears come running down my face and my cheeks began to heat up. I wrapped the hoodie that I took out of Reggie's closet around me and wiped the tears from my face. I was in Reggie's bed like normal because I would usually fall asleep when I was writing. I never met him but I would always have bad dreams about him. My mom used to tell me that it was a bad idea that I would sleep in his room but it was my 'studio' and I would write and sing in here. I felt like I was closer to him when I was in his room and sometimes the dreams were good but most of the time they were bad. I realised that there were crumpled up pieces of paper all around me on the bed and my lyric journal was sat out with a pen next to it. Still crying, I looked at the book and saw that the lyrics that I were writing were really bad and there were tear stains on the paper. I picked up all the paper and tried to make them look less of a mess. I walked out of Reggie's room and shut the door behind me because I didn't want my mom to know I was in there. She doesn't mind me sitting in there but sleeping in there was a different story. I walked back into my room and went over to my shelf and took down my dream box. I usually keep all the broken songs and some stories that I started to write but never finished. I put the pieces of paper in and then shut it and put it back on the shelf.

I walked over to my wardrobe and picked out my outfit for the day. I decided to go for a red and black patterned skirt and a black short sleeved top. I added my leather jacket and my black heeled boots. I sat down at my vanity and started to put my makeup on. I went for a winged eyeliner and a red lipstick, I also did my eyebrows because I wouldn't go anywhere without doing my eyebrows. I did my hair in the normal half up half down with two pieces braided and pinned back around the hair tie holding up the half up half down piece of hair. I had some bangs down to frame my face and also some baby hairs to add a bit of extra frame to the face. I was looking at myself in the mirror and was wondering if I was doing the right thing. I mean I was in the music program and I would always write music but would Reggie be proud. I got up and walked over to my bag which was a handbag and made sure that everything was in there. I got my lyric journal from my desk and put that in my bag as well. I also picked up my laptop and put that in there just in case because we sometimes would look at my stories at lunch and maybe write some more for it.

I walked out of my room and shut my door and started to walk downstairs. I went into the kitchen, and started to make some breakfast because it was getting quite late in the morning and I really needed to go to school. My mom had already left for work because she would leave quite early and would be back pretty late. After her divorce she tried to occupy herself with things she could do and looking after me wasn't one of them. I got out the cereal and a bowl and poured some breakfast. I picked it up and walked into the living room and sat down and turned the TV on. I got my phone out and looked at my social media. Flynn messaged me asking what I was wearing today so she could try and match and I sent her a message back telling her what I was wearing. Jason messaged me telling me that he would be at mine soon so we could walk to school. Me and Jason have been together for two years and everyone would say that we were endgame and nothing could break us up. Soon there was a knock on the door and I knew instantly that it would be Jason because he said that he would walk me to school. It was quite a normal thing for him to walk me to school. I got up and walked over to the door and opened it.

"Hey, ready to go?" Jason asked walking inside.

"Almost" I said.

I walked into the kitchen and placed my bowl into the sink and picked up my bag and got my jacket. I always wore a leather jacket and people would always say that it was a staple look for me. I gave Jason a hug because I realised that I hadn't given him a hug yet. He kissed my head and took my hand and made sure I was ready to go to school. When we walked out of my house I made sure to lock the door and then we both started to walk to school. I was kicking the leaves and watching them fly slightly up and then fall back down. I could see that Jason kept on smiling at me because I was acting like a kid. He always said that it was what he loved about me. How I acted like a child because my childhood was my mom always talking about Reggie. After I was born three years my mom and dad got a divorce and since then my mom has never been the same. I always tried to hold back with my mom and never asked her about Reggie but every time that she saw all the photos in the living room she would break down and tell stories about Reggie to me.