Why would Felix ever use a bus when he had his own private drivers he could call? Besides, wouldn't he consider that beneath him? For me, the public bus was a life saver and my main form of transformation (besides walking). But he was rich.

I grabbed his wrist before he could leave me

"Where are you going?" I said with slow and firm words.

He sighed as if finally surrendering to my persistence.

"The hospital," he said, a sudden weariness swimming in his eyes.

"Why?" I asked, feeling sick to my stomach. I eyed him over, looking for any gaping wounds.

"It's my father. He had a stroke."

Everything in my world went silent - except for the sound of rain pelting against the umbrella. His eyes carried a somberness that caused my stomach to sink. It was intimately sad.

"When?" I forced myself to say as I stiffened my back.

"Not sure exactly. Natalie called me when you were still in the shower."

"Is he okay?"

"I have no idea," he shrugged.

"I'm coming with you then," I said, rushing to his side.

"Just go home. This doesn't involve you. Besides you should rest," He said at a very slow pace. He was clearly exhausted.

I tightly wrapped my arm around his. He sent me a confused look.

"You can't make me leave you. In your own words, we're flesh and blood. So, I'm coming and that's final," I said, glaring at him.

He sighed as his gaze focused on something behind me.

"Fine. Only because I don't have it in me to..." He stopped, clearly losing his train of thought.

He was winding down.

"Come on, let's get on," I said, wanting him to sit down immediately. He needed to rest.

It was eerie how abandoned it was on the inside. The lighting was dim and the windows were tinted. The elderly bus driver nodded and smiled at us as we made our way up the steep steps.

Felix sat himself down at the very back of the bus, near the window. I took my seat right next to him. He closed his eyes and rested his head back.

He looked unguarded. Obviously, he trusted me enough to close his eyes. For someone who always tried to have the advantage, I felt flattered he would let me see him in a defenseless position.

"I'll wake you when we get there," I said, "So you can sleep."

"No need. I just want to rest my eyes. We're getting off after four stops. It's Trousseau Hospital. So keep an eye out."