Ch. 10

Arion's POV

My brain stumbled to make words and then voice them but after a few seconds I realized it wasn't going to work so I stepped to the side and let them in.

When they walked in I closed my door and turned the light back on, "What are you two doing in here? Oh, wait."

Before they spoke, I went and turned the lamp on in my closet and opened my window, then I locked my door.

"Ok, now explain. As long as you don't talk too loud my parents won't hear you, and there is no darkness for them to travel through."

"You're the one that should be explaining, mister," Circe whisper yelled as she came and gave me a hug.

I hugged her back lightly, "I... you two first. You know you shouldn't be here. Especially you, E."

"When you disappeared out of thin air we were all so worried. All Cassiopea could tell us was that you weren't going to be attending the school anymore. We thought you loved it there, what happened?" Eira said.

"Ok, I get you were worried but why are you here?" I asked, evading her question.

"You wouldn't answer any of our calls or messages. You disappeared after you told Finn you were going to visit your parents. And then when I came to try to find you and I saw you, you ran away! We had no other choice."

I shook my head, "You should have just forgotten about me."

"How could we do that? You're an amazing person and friend!" Circe said, sitting on my bed.

I sighed.

"Arion," Eira put her hand on my shoulder, "what happened? Please tell us."

"My parents don't want me at that school."

"Why? And why did you ignore us? Why do you want us to forget you?"

"Because I'm evil, alright?" I said, slumping to the floor. "I have dark magic. A dark family. My magic is based on hate, death, resentment, fear, and everything bad. If I lose control I could hurt those around me. If my family chooses they could destroy everyone I care about. I can't... I can't have anything bad happen to you guys. That's why it's best if you forget me and we go separate ways."

Circe and Eira sat beside me, sandwiching me in a hug, "That is not true, Arion. You are not evil. Do you know how much light energy you have around you? More than an average person! You have such a big heart, you care so much about your friends and those around you, you are such a good person. And like I said that day -- if either of us messes up we have each other to fix the mess up. There is no way we are forgetting you or leaving you alone. No way."

"She's right, A. You exude good vibes and I don't think you've ever wished harm on anyone, not even a fly. There aren't enough people like you in the world -- naturally good and loving people."

I shook my head, "No... I can't have anything happen to you guys..."

"Listen to me, Arion. Nothing will happen to us. We have each other for protection. That includes you! No one can mess with this power group, alright? And no one is leaving the group either. Okay?"

"But..."

"Arion, if you were really evil would you care about your friends this much?" Circe asked.

"No, but-"

"Would you care about those around you if you were evil?"

"No..."

"Would you be so heartbroken and upset with yourself for having the powers you do, if you were actually evil?"

I sniffed, "No."

"Then there you go."

"But... my parents don't want me at Cassiopea's. I can't go back, no matter how much I may want to."

We were all silent.

"I won't try to stay out of your lives but... I can't go back there. My parents have a life planned out for me already. Maybe one day I'll be able to live how I want but it won't be soon."

Circe hugged me tighter.

"That is quite enough talk about feelings."

We all jumped, looking toward where we heard the voice. My parents walked out of my closet and stood in front of us.

We stood up quickly, "How...?"

"Your light bulb went out," my mother stated plainly.

I gulped, "What did you hear?"

"Enough," my father said, "when did you become so light?"

I was confused.

His question didn't have any anger behind it.

"U-um..."

"Go back to that school if you want to, but know that we do not approve. Oh. And we are not talking to those insufferable fairies again so you handle your enrollment."

After my father said that, my parents left through my closet.

"Wh... what just happened?"

Circe smiled, "You can come back!"

"But. That was very out of character for my parents... there's no way that actually happened. One of you secretly has the power to mess with my head, don't you?"

Eira rolled her eyes, "No, we aren't telepaths. I think..." she lowered her voice, "despite their evilness, you're their son and they want you to be happy."

"Yeah, they are still your parents. Ok... so now you have to pack and then we can go tell Cassiopea that you're going back!"

**

"We are very glad you're back, Arion. Your parents have had a change of heart?"

I nodded, "They did."

Cassiopea smiled, "That's good to hear. Well, Finn is still without a roommate, so you know where to go. Nothing much has changed since you've been gone."

I gave her a smile and then left her office, taking my time to walk back to my room. 

It was good to be back there.

I opened the door and I was immediately attacked with affection. All four of my friends surprised me with a group hug and we nearly fell over but luckily someone in the group actually had coordination.

"I'm so glad you're back, Arion! The room got lonely without you."

I smiled at Finn, "I'm glad to be back too."

Noa punched my arm lightly, "You're not allowed to scare us like that again, okay?"

I nodded, "I promise, I won't."

We all hugged again.

And for the first time in a while... I felt like I was home.