Ch. 7

F- All ready for you

A- Ok, I'm gonna go then

Shaking my head lightly to get rid of my nerves, I traveled through the darkness of my closet to the darkness of a closet in the classroom where all of the kids in my grade were in.

"Our special guest should be arriving at any moment," I heard the teacher say as I cracked open the closet door.

I saw my friends and they all smiled encouragingly at me, nodding for me to walk to the front of the room. I took a deep breath and then did just that.

As people noticed me walk from the closet at the side of the room and to the front, I could hear all sorts of whispers and gasps. Mostly, people were saying things like 'woah, his power is way cooler than I thought it would be'. That made me smile a little.

I stood next to Alexis, our teacher, and she smiled widely, "This is our special guest. Arion asked me if I could help him tell all of you what his power is."

I nodded, glancing at the black smoke around me, "I'm a dark energy manipulator. When I first got here I was scared all of you would hate me or be scared of me so I didn't tell anyone what my power was. Now I'm more comfortable with it so I wanted to end your curiosity and show you."

By the time I was done talking, the smoke went away and my eyes went back to normal.

"That's so cool. You're like Eira's opposite. Like yin and yang!"

I smiled.

That was a nice way to put it.

"So what can you do?"

"The same thing as Eira except with dark energy. I can create, shape, and manipulate dark energy. I can also travel through darkness or shadows and store things in voids like pockets."

As I scanned everyone's faces I made eye contact with Samwise. He smiled at me and gave me a thumbs up, I smiled back at him. 

**

"What?" I asked, shocked.

"You heard your mother. We are taking you out of that school."

I just got home for the weekly visit and that was the first thing they said to me.

"But why?"

"It is doing you no good. You aren't learning anything valuable, it's all nonsense. You are better off at the normie school here. Along with that, you won't be around that light girl anymore."

"I'm learning so much though! I've learned about all sorts of magical creatures, powers, and magical culture and history. I'm learning so much and I've made friends! This school is way better for me than the other one!"

"You better watch your tongue, young man. What your father and I say goes. You aren't to go back to that school."

"But-"

"That's it!" My father shouted, standing up, "You are to spend a week in the void by yourself. When you get out you will not mention that school anymore and you will be content with your old school. That is final."

I put my head down and nodded, "Yes sir."

He opened the portal and I walked in. It closed immediately after and I was absorbed in the darkness.

I'd been punished by having to stay in the void before but that time was different. After that week in the void... I would have to forget all of the good times I had at Cassiopea's School for the Gifted. My parents were probably telling Cassiopea and Cassia right then that I wouldn't be attending anymore. 

Once my friends found out they'd text me... but I wouldn't be able to answer. I had my phone with me but I didn't have internet so my messages wouldn't go through even if I typed them out and hit send. I wouldn't be able to see my friends again. I wouldn't be able to talk to them again.

The void was very boring. It was just an endless black room that not even the most powerful flashlight could light up. If one spent too much time alone there they could go insane. The longest I'd been in here alone was a week.

**

From telling the time on my phone, I'd been in there four days. Three more to go.

I'd gotten so many texts from my friends... I wish I could answer. To just let them know I was alright or to tell them how much I treasured their friendship. But I couldn't. I could only read their messages and wish I could respond.

N- Hey, you okay Arion? We heard you're leaving the school

N- Arion?

~

C- Hey, why are you leaving? I thought things were going good for you here

C- Please answer our texts, A.

C- We're all really worried about you

~

F- You're leaving?

F- Did something happen? Did someone bully you to leave??

F- I will smack anyone who messes with my friends!

~

E- Is everything okay?

E- I asked Cassiopea and she said she couldn't tell me much but your parents took you out of the school. What happened?

E- Please answer, we need to know that you're alright

A tear fell down my cheek as I read through the messages.

I wished I could answer them... I really did. 

But even after I got out of there I wouldn't. I couldn't. 

I needed to forget about them and they needed to forget about me. We couldn't be friends anymore... I was destined to be evil no matter what I wanted. They should have stayed far away from me. I didn't want to accidentally hurt them or anyone in my family to hurt them. Especially Eira. I should have never told my parents about her. I should have just fibbed her power. I should have said she was an angel, so they'd believe it if they ever saw her. But I was stupid. So that was what I could do to protect her and my other friends... and even everyone at school. It had to be that way.