Ch. 9

"He just... ran away?"

I nodded.

"Why would he do that?" Circe asked.

Noa shook their head, "I don't know but that's fishy. He wouldn't ignore you unless something was up."

"Yeah."

"Well... well we need to go there right away! We need to come up with a plan and figure out who's going."

We were all silent.

"You might not like this idea, Eira, but I think it would be best if you didn't go to Arion's house."

"What? Why?" I asked, looking at Noa.

"That kid may have been an asshole but he's right," they were referring to the stuck-up human who told me Arion's address in New York, "if they see someone light like you near their house they won't be too happy."

"How are you going to get there, then?"

"You'll take one of us and wait somewhere while the one person goes to talk to and hopefully get Arion. Then they'll find you and come back here."

"That's too risky..."

"I agree with Finn. None of us is going to go there alone."

"Then you can take two of us. Arion can travel through the darkness and meet us back here if you can't take three people through the light with you."

I sighed, "I don't like that plan. How will I be able to sit nearby and wait and worry?"

**

Eventually, we made an agreement.

I looked at myself in the mirror, "It looks better on you, Noa."

They laughed, "Yeah cause you look better in light stuff. But the point of this is to make you look the opposite of light, or at least not 'light energy manipulator' light."

I rolled my eyes but smiled and fixed the beanie on my head, "What if the hat falls off?"

"It won't, it's pretty good at staying in place. Even so, Circe put bobby pins connecting your hair and the hat so there's a backup plan."

I nodded, "Ok. Where did Circe go?"

Noa smiled, "She, being the girly girl she is, went back to her room to fix her makeup."

We laughed a little.

So the plan was: I was taking Circe to New York and we were both going to find Arion and talk to him and hopefully bring him back with us. Noa was letting me borrow some of their clothes so I didn't look as light. We stuffed my hair into a black beanie, I was wearing a black hoodie, black jeans, and grey sneakers. Very different from how I normally dressed but that was the point. We were going to walk around first, maybe we'd be able to find him walking around again and catch him by surprise before he could run away. If we couldn't find him then we'd go to his house. We were going to be confident and tell whoever answered the door that we were there to work on a project with Arion. Unless Arion opened the door then we needed to somehow convince him to talk to us somewhere else. 

There was a lot of room for something to happen and for us to mess up. But we were hoping we could do it as smoothly as possible.

"Okay, I'm ready!" Circe said brightly as she walked back into Noa's room.

"Ok. It's time to go then."

We walked outside.

"Remember, if anything happens one of you try to send us a message. We'll tell Cassiopea or Cassia and someone will go help you."