08. the start of something new

"this is such a stupid idea," yoongi muttered as he crouched with the rest of the boys. this 'fun activity' idea of jimins was for them to sneak into the kitchens and see if they could smuggle themselves some free ice cream.

"then why'd you come with us?!" jimin whisper yelled, looking over the circular glass panel that was on the door into the kitchens. all that was standing between them and committing an act of thievery was a wooden door in their very premium cruise ship (whose name was 'spectacle of the sea', talk about pretentious, right?). but boys will be boys, right?

seokjin shushed them again, keeping an eye out for anyone around. everyone but namjoon went along to steal the ice cream. he muttered something about not wanting to get kicked out of the ship, but jungkook had already closed the door behind him before anyone could be sure.

jimin slowly creaked the door open, a slight grimace playing on the lines of his face. taehyung swallowed nervously.

"go, go." jimin mouthed, gesturing for them all to go in as he held the door open. all but seokjin entered. they decided that his lanky frame and all too wide shoulders were simply not fit for sneakinf around and fitting into small spaces so they gave him the job of the lookout.

one last thing was decided: if anyone is caught, just run.

one by one, crouching, they went from counter to counter until they reached close enough to the freezer.

surprisingly, there weren't much people around, and when there were workers and such, they'd manage to dodge them and hide themselves from their view.

when they were literally in front of the freezed, all of them had wicked grins on their faces, thinking "holy shit! this actually worked!"

hobi glanced from jimin and to the freezer doors as if saying 'the honor is yours' and jimin's smile grew wider as he stood up and out a hand on the door.

then anti-climactically, the door didn't budge. a confused expression formed on all their faces and jungkook stood up to inspect the door. yoongi stood up and pointed to jimin's left, where a keypad for the door lay, tempting them.

and then like clockwork, from behind them, a stern female voice growled "hey, what do you think you're doing back here?!"

it happened in slow motion, really.

it happened like this: the boys all swivel their heads back to see a furious brunette with a chef's hat on and four girls beside her looking bemused. a brunette with heart shaped lips, another brunette with cat eyes, a blonde with expressive eyes creamy skin, and lastly, the girl with bangs and plump lips, carrying the most shocked expression out of all four. jungkook locks eyes with one particular girl. lisa. her eyes seemed to say "what the hell is going on?!". yoongi finds a familiar face within the four girls yet he can't put a finger on why. before he can figure it out though, they're all dashing past everything in their way.

"JIN HYUNG RUN!" taehyung screamed out, pushing past the door and passed a confuzzled looking chef.

and that's how it begins.

SPEAKING
ok so i just finished the rest of
this fic a few minutes ago and yeah...

expect regular updates since
i'm all done w it😊

current obsession (not that u
care lmao): olivia rodrigo🥴