forty.

"I can't go back up there..." I mumbled quietly to the group of people surrounding me.

I earned multiple sighs from everyone backstage. I just basically made a fool of myself in front of everyone. I also wouldn't be able to go back out there with a smile. I'm done trying today.

"What's gotten into you?" Holly asked me, her arms crossing over her chest.

I didn't reply.

Someone had went back on stage and told everyone that the show was over. But apparently they haven't moved.

"Demi, they're not leaving. They want you back out there."

I wipped the tears off of my cheeks and continued to sit on the floor. "They'll leave eventually. They'll get bored and leave when they find out that I'm actually not coming back out."

I could hear the screams from my fans and guilt slowly started to rise inside of me. They're here for me. For only me. And I'm too selfish to actually go out there.

"Phone for you." Sugar said, passing me my cellphone.

I stood up from the floor and grabbed the phone out of his hand. I looked down at the screen.

"You called my mom?" I narrowed my eyes at him.

"No, she called you. I just answered."

I rolled my eyes and pulled the phone up to my hear. "Hey, Mom."

"Demi, oh my god, are you okay?" Sugar must have told her about my breakdown.

"I'm fine...."

"No, you're not."

I sighed. I'm not.

"You're right."

"Please, don't lie to me. What's wrong, baby? What happened?"

Tears started reforming in my eyes again. The voices were quieter, but they were still there.

"--Just a bad day," I covered my mouth with my other hand to hold back a cry. "I guess." I choked out.

"What's going on in your head, Dems? Be honest."

Some scary shit.

"A lot. It's loud." I choked back the tears that were threatening to spill out of my eyes.

"Think positively, baby."

"I'm been trying." My voice cracked.

"I want you to go back out onto that stage and kick some ass. I know you can do it. Your fans are supporting you. They make you happy, yeah? Well if you go out there, I'm sure it'll make you feel ten times better. Whatever is bothering you right now just try to forget it. It's not worth stressing yourself over it. I believe in you. Get back out there and kick some ass."

I smiled at my Mom's words of encouragement, a single tear dripping down my face.

"Listen," Holly told me, moving the curtain so you could slightly see the audience. They were still in their seats, they haven't moved an inch. They were all chanting my name.

"Thanks Mom." I said into the phone, wiping the remaining tears off of my face.

"I love you so much. Have fun, baby."

I smiled, even though she couldn't see me. "I love you too, so much."

I disconnected the call and put my head in my hands again, letting out a deep breath. I'm still not sure if I should do it. I don't want to have the chance of having another breakdown. Especially in front of them.