forty four.

"I passed go! You never gave me my $200!" Demi whined, reaching her hand forward towards Dallas, who was the banker.

I let out a sigh, holding my chin up with the palm of my hand, while I watched Dallas press two one hundred dollar bills, fake of course, into Demi's hand. Mom forced me to play Monopoly with the family even though I refused to. She said that I need to start doing more activities with the family. We've been playing for four hours and so far Demi was winning because she was buying every piece of property she landed on, making us all go bankrupt.

Maddie was still at school since Mom made her go, even though she didn't want to.

After Dad went, I rolled the dice and moved as many spaces as I rolled, landing on a piece of Demi's property.

"You owe me $25!"

I rolled my eyes and grabbed the right amount, handing it to her.

We continued going around the board, Demi of course earning more money and everyone else losing it. Everyone else looked like they were having so much fun, and here I was, bored out of my mind. It's hard to say this, but I'd much rather be at school than be spending another minute of doing this. I looked at the clock and saw that Maddie was going to be home any second since the school bus must've already dropped her off.

"Demi, aren't you suppose to be at the arena rehearsing? You have a show tonight." I asked, brushing some hair out of the way of my face.

Her eyes looked up at mine and she looked slightly offended. I don't know why that'd even offend her, I mean, I was just asking. Well, that's what I want her to think, but what I really meant was, "I don't want to spend another minute with you and I think you should leave."

Mom, Dad, Demi and Dallas were looking at me and I shook my head. They all looked away when the sound of the front door opened, Madison appearing in the living room.

"You guys are playing Monopoly without me?!" Maddie exclaimed, pretending to be offended as she chucked her backpack on the floor.

"You can take my spot, I don't want to play anymore." I said, standing up from my seat. Mom gave me a death glare and I knew that she was getting mad that I wasn't going to play anymore, but, whatever.

**

I sat in the dressing room, taping on multiple items on my screen of the game I was playing. I could vaguely here Demi's vocals from up here and the sound of screams. I had my own seats, but I didn't feel like watching the same show again.

Staples Center, one of the biggest shows of the tour. Sold out concert. A crowd of 18,000. A lot of people were coming to this show, wouldn't it be horrible if something terrible happened tonight?

"Dani, Demi wants you backstage." I looked up from my cellphone to look over at Sugar who was standing at the door. I raised an eyebrow at him.

"Why?" I locked my cellphone, stuffing it into my back pocket.

"I don't know, she just asked me to bring you down." I stood up from the couch, following him through the hallways that would lead us backstage.

I stood on the side of the stage, bright and colourful lights lighting up the entire crowd and stage. A smile spread across her face when the Catch Me ended and the crowd went wild. She put her guitar down and walked away from her part of the stage, pulling the microphone off of its stand.

"I don't usually stop here, but I'm going to. I want to bring someone on stage with me to sing this next song." The crowd went wild again, another smile engaging on her face.

Demi looked over at me from the stage and she brought the microphone back up toward her mouth. One of the backstage managers handed me a microphone and patted me on the back before walking away. I furrowed my eyebrows together and turned around to see if there was anybody I could ask what was happening, but there was only Madison.