ten.

"Hey, I'll be down here in a second. Make yourself at home." I greeted Connor inside before I shut the door behind him and quickly ran upstairs to finish getting ready. 

        A date. My first date official date with him. And I admit, I'm a little nervous; really nervous. We were going to the park and having a picnic, at least that's what he told me. And the only thing I'm focusing on right now is to look my best. My hair was curled into soft waves, and I was wearing a blue summer dress. I had a silver necklace that had a diamond on it that stopped at my chest. Now, all I needed was makeup.

Demi's POV

        I jogged my way down the stairs to be met with a stranger sitting in my living room. I raised my eyebrow at him as his eyes looked up at me, a smile creeping onto his face. 

        "And you are?" I asked with a bit of attitude filling my voice. The smile slowly disappeared off of his face as his gaze moved away from mine. 

        "Connor, Dani's boyfriend." He said, his eyes looking back up at mine. I crossed my arms over my chest and chewed on my bottom lip.        

     "Huh," I huffed out, making my way slowly over to the boy. "Dani never told me she had a boyfriend." 

       "Guess she wasn't ready to tell anyone yet." He shrugged his shoulders and I shook my head at him. Like I didn't know they were dating. I've seen them kissing a shit ton of times when I had picked Dani up from school for the passed few weeks.

        "Look, buddy, Dani's my little sister and I know exactly what you're hiding from her, so you better tell her or I'll tel her myself. Or if you don't want to tell her at all, then you might as well just break up with her because what I know about you will break her heart more than dumping her. So I suggest you make up your mind quickly because if you don't hurry up, I'll tell her myself. The clock is ticking." 

        His jaw dropped at my words as he stood up from his spot on the couch. "I don't know what you know about me, but you really should stay out of this. It's my business, not yours."

        I raised an eyebrow as him as I let out a sarcastic laugh. "It's my business once my sister is involved." 

        "She's isn't involved in anything, I love her."

       "Sure, you do. Now, what I want you to do is leave, or I'll tell her as soon as she gets downstairs. Now. Leave." I pointed to the front door as he glared at me before turning around and shaking his head.

        "Whatever," He muttered and walked through the front door. 

Dani's POV

        Once my makeup was done, I smiled at my reflection in the mirror before I grabbed my purse off of my bed and walked down the staircase. Once I reached the last step, my eyes were searching for my favorite pair of eyes but they were only met with Demi's, who was standing in the middle of the living room.

        "Where's Connor?" I asked, walking over to her, my eyes wandering around the room.

        "Oh, he left." She smiled at me before pushing passed me and walking into the kitchen. I felt my heart drop to the pit of my stomach, disappointment taking over my body in a second. 

        "What do you mean he left?" I asked following Demi into the kitchen, my eyes staring at the back of her head.

        "He left, Dani. He left the house." She was talking to me like I was a little kid who didn't understand English completely.