thirty six.

The sound of Demi's cries echoed throughout my bedroom. What was I suppose to say to her? I sucked at comforting. I never knew what were the right words to say. What exactly do you do to comfort someone? Maybe I could try what she does to comfort me.

"Hey," I tried, speaking softly.

Her head never lifted from her knees before I dropped down beside her, sitting in the same position as her but without my head hidden in my knees.

"He's really not worth your tears."

All she responded with was a shake of her head and another cry falling out of her mouth.

"Come here," I sighed and she obeyed, resting her head on my shoulder. I felt her tears slowly drip onto my shoulder, slightly wetting my shirt.

I reached for her hand and let my fingers slip through hers. My grip tightened on her hand.

I watched as her eyes stared down at our hands and she sucked in a deep shaky breath.

"What are you thinking about?" I asked, playing with her, in an attempt to help calm her. I noticed that she did it, so maybe it'd be the same if I did it.

I felt her shake her head against my shoulder. "I loved him..." Her words were barley audible, but I happened to catch them.

"I know," I nodded. I felt more tears land onto my shoulder. Her hand was shaking in mine and I could hear the quiet cries coming out from the girl.

There was a knock on my door and it was opened.

I watched as Mom slowly walked deeper into the room and her face softened at the sight of Demi.

"Mom," Demi choked out, lifting her head from my shoulder.

Mom moved forward and kneeled in front of the crying girl.

"Sweetheart," Mom's voice was softer than usual. She moved a strand of Demi's hair out of the way of her face and gently wiped the wet drops of tears off of her rosy cheeks. "You shouldn't have trusted him. I told you before, baby."

A sob slipped out of her lips.

"You shouldn't waste your tears on him, baby. Just take a deep breath, alright?"

She nodded, sucking in a deep breath. My mom smiled at her. "Just like that."

But Demi just continued crying until she had run out of tears.

**

Everyone's eyes were on Demi as she pushed her food around on her dinner plate. She hasn't even taken a bite yet and it's been ten minutes.

"You gotta eat, Demi." Dad said, making Demi's miserable eyes shoot up to him.

"Eat." Mom said nicely, but also sternly.

"If I eat, then I'll never be perfect enough for him. I need to be skinny like she was. I'm too fat. I need to be thin."

Everyone's face softened and it felt like my heart shattered.

"Don't say that." Dallas spoke to her little sister grabbing onto her hand from beside her.

"Please eat, Demi." Maddie asked quietly, tears brimming in her eyes.

"I'm not hungry. I'll eat later." She spoke before pushing her chair out from underneath the table and standing up.

"I'm going for a drive, I'll be back soon."

And she turned on her heel before grabbing her keys off of the counter and exiting through the front door.

The kitchen was filled with an awkward tension and Mom was shaking her head in disappointment.

"She'll be fine soon, Mom. She's just having a rough time." I told her in a reassuring way.

"Yeah, well she wouldn't be like this if it weren't for her trusting him."

"Once a cheater, always a cheater." Dallas piped in.

We did warn Demi though. But she never listened. So it's partially her fault for trusting him.

**

super short now but i deleted the ending because it made no sense lol k bye

200 comments & 200 votes for the next update i guess....