thirty four.

"Are you busy today?" Fernanda asked as soon as I pulled my front door open. I still can't decide if I want to remain her friend, I mean, you can't trust anybody. You most definitely can't trust a hardcore Lovatic, either. Maybe the whole reason she wants to come over so bad is so that she can see Demi, and if that's the case, she can leave. I don't want to put up with her bullshit as well.

        I sighed and shook my head. "No, I'm not."

        "Sweet," She smiled.

        "Come in, I guess." I pulled the door open wider so that she could come in.

        "Honestly, I can't get over how big your house is. It's massive."

        "Oh puh-lease. You're rich, you probably have a huge house too."

        "Not as big as yours. Yours is much bigger."

        Madison appeared in the living room and Fernanda let out a squeak.

        "Maddie! I missed you."

        Madison immediately smiled and ran over to Fernanda, pulling her into a hug.

        "You two know each other?"

        "I've met her at Demi's shows a couple of times."

        "Figures," I muttered under my breath, but she didn't catch it.

        "She's cool," Maddie giggled before turning and leaving the room and entering the kitchen.

        "Can I join your family? Like your family seems so cool."

        "It's not though, that's the thing. You only see what we let the public see, it's a lot worse, trust me."

        She shrugged before looking around my mansion of a house.

        "Where's your bedroom?"

        I smiled and gestured her to follow me up the long stair case that would soon bring me upstairs and to my bedroom.

        We walked down the long narrow hallway and I showed her to my bedroom, where I pushed the door open.

        "Jesus, your room is huge."

        I shrugged. Maddie's was bigger.

        Fernanda observed all the items in my bedroom, almost like she's never seen anything like it before. Like she just entered a new planet and nothing looked familiar to her. She stared up at the posters I had placed all over my walls from the several bands and artists I was into. She looked over at the wall that had personal photos on it. The wall had my polaroid photos on them. Some photos were pictures that I had taken, since I was so into photography. Some photos were of family members and I. And the others were photos of my friends and I. Well old friends.

        "Why would you keep the photos up? Doesn't it upset you?"

        I shrugged, standing on the opposite side of the room from her.

        "Yeah, of course it does. But, it's whatever. I should be used to it, and plus I'm just too lazy to take them down."

        She nodded, her eyes traveling around the rest of my bedroom. An awkward tension built up in the room as not one of us said a word for the next few seconds.

        "What's this?" Fernanda asked, walking over to my desk that had items scattered across the surface of the desk.

        "What's what?" I asked, moving toward her to try and see what she was talking about.