24 - TRAIN

VERY AGGRESSIVE MATURE CONTENT WARNING

-

Alora Lin

"Anthony, your hair looks fine. Can we just go already?"

I glanced over my shoulder, a slight smirk spreading across my face as I watched Anthony peer into the neighboring window, brushing his hair to the side.

"Well, sorry if I just want to make a good first impression," he rolled his eyes, reaching over to ruffle the top of my head.

"Hey!"

It was now September 1st, and we were aboard the Hogwarts Express. Anthony and I had been making our way to the prefects' carriage when Anthony decided to stop and do a last-minute check up on his hair.

I scrunched my nose before glancing into the window, fixing my hair as well. Before Anthony could pat down the last patch of hair that was sticking up, I dragged him with me to the prefects' carriage.

The moment I slid open the compartment door, all eyes landed on us.

To my dismay, Draco and Pansy were glaring at us from the back corner of the carriage.

"Malfoy and Parkinson?" Anthony whispered in my ear as he followed behind me to the nearest empty seats. "They're the best the Slytherin house could offer?"

I sniggered, taking a seat in the booth right across the aisle from Draco's. He never tore his eyes off of me. Pansy had her head rested on his shoulder, and his arms were loosely wrapped around her shoulders.

He narrowed his eyes, almost as if he was challenging me.

I straightened up in my seat, placing my hand on Anthony's thigh once he sat down beside me. He stiffened a bit, turning towards me with a dark blush on his cheeks, before relaxing into my touch and intertwining our fingers.

I smiled sweetly back at Anthony before looking back at Draco. His hand that had been resting on the table was now clenched in a tight fist. He bit the inside of his cheek as he stared daggers into my eyes.

Strange to think that an entire year had passed, and not much had changed.

Draco and I still hated each other as much as we did a year ago today, when I had first bumped into him on the train.

-

"You wanna check those compartments, and I can check these?" Anthony asked.

I nodded my head, "Sounds good."

Anthony smiled, leaning in to give me a quick kiss on the cheek, before we went our separate ways.

I began ambling down a carriage lined with compartments full of Gryffindors. I stood up nice and tall to try and make it seem like I knew what I was doing when really, I had no idea.

I hadn't made it that far down the corridor when I felt a large hand aggressively grab my wrist and drag me into the nearest bathroom, shutting the door behind us.

The tight space forced us to press our bodies against each other, causing me to get a whiff of that familiar, pungent cologne.

"What do you want, Malfoy?" I snapped, staring up into his darkening grey eyes.

"What do you think you're doing with Goldstein?"

"What's going on between Anthony and I is absolutely none of your business."

He grabbed my shoulders and pinned me against the door of the bathroom, positioning his knee in between my legs. He placed his hands on either side of my head before pressing his chest against mine.