17 - DARLING

Alora Lin

After our heated session in the classroom yesterday, Draco asked me to meet him on the Astronomy tower the following night. Both of us hoped to hang out somewhere private for obvious reasons, so we decided that going there would be best.

It was now the next day, and I was sneaking through the corridors past curfew, ecstatic to see Draco.

He and I had maintained our distance during classes today, not wanting either of our friends to get suspicious. But every now and then, the two of us would sneak quick glances at each other. I'd give him a soft smile, and he'd wink in return.

Once I arrived at the stairway that led up to the Astronomy tower, I nervously patted down my blue silk nightgown and combed my hair with my fingers. 

I took my time marching up the stairs before eventually reaching the landing. The only source of light in all this darkness was the moon. I peered through the intricate objects that scattered around the room before spotting Draco.

He was gripping the railings of the tower, gazing into the distance. A chilly breeze blew his hair back, and upon walking closer, I noticed that he was wearing his black suit.

Suddenly feeling underdressed in my nightgown, I considered running back to my dorm and changing into something more dressed up.

But then I realized that he's probably going to take off my clothes in a few minutes anyway, so it doesn't matter.

Draco must have felt my presence. He circled around, a bright smile appearing on his face once his eyes had landed on me.

Stepping away from the railing, he walked towards me and wrapped me in a hug, nuzzling his head into the crook of my neck.

Wordlessly, he intertwined our fingers and led me to the railing. He guided me, placing my hands on the cold, metal railing before he stepped behind me and did the same with his hands. I was now trapped within his warm embrace–my back pressed against his chest.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" I stated, looking out at the view.

"Yeah," he remarked, glancing down at me. "Absolutely beautiful."

I pursed my lips, turning my head to face him before going on my tiptoes to give him a peck on the lips. He chuckled against my lips before wrapping his arms around me from behind.

"I like to come up here sometimes to clear my head," he continued. "It's nice to get away sometimes, you know?"

"Yeah," my voice came out in barely a whisper.

I had been so nervous on my way to the Astronomy tower that my knees were buckling, and I could barely walk. But now, wrapped up in Draco's arms, I feel oddly relaxed. 

There was a silence between the two of us, but it was a comfortable silence; neither of us felt pressured to keep up a constant conversation.

Although I did feel incredibly snug, my heart was still beating out of my chest. It was a strange mix of feeling butterflies erupt in my stomach while still feeling safe and protected.

"What are you thinking about?" Draco's husky voice came out as a soft murmur.

"Nothing," I bit my lip, cracking a smile.

"Nothing?" he teased.

I nodded my head, looking away from him because I didn't want him to see the blush creeping onto my cheeks.

"If you say so," he stated.

Draco suddenly loosened his grip around my waist and started tickling me. His fingers darted from my waist, to my armpits, to the nape of my neck.