Chapter 15 - Sarlacc Pit Battle

A plank extends from the skiff and Luke is shoved over to it. I'm practically holding my breath as I wait. One wrong move...

Threepio's voice rings out through the area. "Victims of the almighty Sarlacc, His Excellency hopes that you will die honorably. But should any of you wish to beg for mercy, the great Jabba the Hutt will now listen to your pleas."

Han steps forwards instantly, looking in the direction of the Sail Barge. "Threepio," he calls, "You tell that slimy piece of worm-ridden filth he'll get no such pleasure from us. Right?" Chewie growls in agreement.

"Jabba! This is your last chance," Luke calls, "Free us or die."

"Move him into position," orders Jabba. Come on, Artoo, where are you?

The guard behind Luke pushes him forward, and he walks forward over to the end of the plank. He glances over at Lando in silent question, and he nods. He's ready. Artoo finally arrives at the edge of the railing. We're all in position. Just like on Zygerria. Hopefully the outcome won't be the same.

Luke salutes and the droid immediately opens his hidden compartment.

"Put him in!" commands the Hutt.

Now!

The guard pushes Luke again, and he jumps of the plank, instantly spinning around and catching onto the edge of the plank. The spectators begin cheering like crazy, not realizing what's really about to happen. He jumps back into the skiff, simultaneously calling his lightsaber to his hand. I reach out, pulling both of mine to my hands and igniting then, instantly cutting through my bonds, freeing myself.

We both move as a team, attacking the guards around us. Lando moves a split second later, lunging a guard standing next to him. Luke shoves one of them overboard to the Sarlacc. I step forwards, cutting through the guards moving towards us. I hit the first in the neck and stab the next through the chest. Luke, meanwhile, turns to free Chewie while I finish the fighting except the one Lando's fighting.

The Force screams a warning just as I'm moving forwards towards them. A cannon blast strikes the skiff, throwing Lando overboard. Thankfully, he manages to catch on to something to keep himself from falling. The guard he's fighting isn't so lucky. He falls down into the Sarlacc pit.

Boba, having seen the fight, flies over towards us and aims his gun. I immediately whirl around and cut his blaster in half.

Another blast flies our way, throwing Chewie and Han to the ground, Han asking in alarm if he's alright. His response is a howl of pain.

Unfortunately, that distracts both Luke and I as we turn to glance at him to see the extent of the injury. Boba fired a cable at us, pinning our arms to our sides. I cut myself free the same time Luke follows suit.

Another blast strikes the skiff, knocking Boba to the floor.

"Han! Chewie!" calls Lando from below, reminding me of his dangerous situation.

"Lando!"

The second skiff moves towards us, but Luke immediately jumps onto it while I turn to Lando. Crouching to avoid the worst of the blaster fire, I deactivate my lightsabers and reach out of the skiff towards him. He can't reach me. I'll have to use the Force.

Reaching into the Force, I slowly start pulling him upwards towards us. Hopefully the others will keep everything under control until I get back. Behind me, I hear Boba standing up again. Chewie frantically calls Han, warning him of danger.

"Boba Fett? Boba Fett? Where?" cries Han, turning blindly and somehow managing to hit Boba in the jetpack with a spear, making it ignite randomly and crash into the Sail Barge before it turns off. He tumbles down the side of the pit to the waiting Sarlacc.