Epilogue (Part 1 of 2)

Vernon Nicholas Licauco

"Son, I'm going to your friend's house. Do you want to come with me?" Mom invited me. She was checking out herself in the mirror.

"No, thanks, Mom." I politely answer, my eyes are focused on the game. I was currently playing a video game in the common room.

From my peripheral view, Mom crossed her arms against her chest. "Hindi ka sasama tapos ano? You'd play video games again all day." She shook her head in disbelief.

"Tumayo ka dyan. Turn off the TV and fix yourself. Playing video games isn't healthy for you at all!" Sermon niya. "Alam ko naman na bored ka, but why don't you try inviting your friends then maglaro kayo sa labas or sumama na lang sa'kin."

Sighing, I turned off the flat screen TV and comb my hair with my fingers and I'm done!

We didn't use a car to go to San Diego's house because their house was only a few meters away from ours.

"Amari!" That was Prix's Mom. Tita Lianna greeted Mom and gave her a cheek-to-cheek kiss. She then, looked at me and flashed a sweet smile. "Kasama mo pala si Vernon. Come in, magpapahanda ako ng snacks." She motioned us to sit at the sofa in their living room.

San Diego's Italian style mansion was spacious with a backyard swimming pool, a water fountain and flower garden outside.

Prix often invited us here after we played basketball on the court.

Bumalik si Tita Lianna sa sala na may dalang Banana Loaf bread at Mango shake. She placed it in the center table.

"Kain muna kayo," Tita offered. "Kaming dalawa ng anak ko ang gumawa niyan." ngiting-ngiti na sabi niya samin.

"Who? Si Prixther ba?" Mommy asked.

She shook her head, chuckling. "No, I made that with my daughter, si Euri. I'm teaching her how to bake breads and cookies."

"Prix have a sister po?" I politely asked Tita.

"Yes, she's only 5 years old." sagot niya. "Anyway, feel at home Vernon. After you eat hanapin mo lang si Prixther, baka naglalaro na naman 'yon sa game room."

Mom gently tapped my back. "Go play with your friend muna. Your Tita and I will just talk."

"Alright, Mom."

Nang tumayo ako ay napalingon ako sa isang picture frame na nasa sala nila.

It was only a minute before I left but I clearly see the two people in that picture.

I saw a little girl wearing a blue dress. She have a long wavy hair and cute almond eyes, by just looking at her bright smile makes me smile too. Beside her was Prixther, his arm was draped around the girl's shoulder. Siya siguro 'yong kapatid ni Prix.

She's... cute.

〰️〰️〰️

Mula noong araw na makita ko ang kapatid ni Prix sa picture, madalas akong gumagawa ng paraan para mag punta kami sa bahay nila.

I don't know, maybe I'm just curious what her sister looks like in personal?

"Lee!" I heard Prix's voice, he was walking towards me. "What are you doing here? Tara na sa dining. Clyde and James might eat all the cookies if we don't hurry." He laughed.

Nandito kami ngayon sa bahay nila. He invited us over to have some snacks after few hours of biking around the subdivision. I didn't decline, nagutom din kasi ako makipag-race sa kanila kanina. And also, a part of me wants to see his sister.