Chapter 37: Tyrant

Start from the beginning

Releasing the grapple, you were a good 30 meters in the air. Summoning your sword to your hand, you dove downwards, the man quickly looking up to see you approaching. As you closed the distance, you struck down across his armour plating, leaving a long mark in it and knocking him way back because of the force behind the strike.

You then swung your sword as you prepared to fire another blast of energy, but the guy got up rather quickly. He raised his gun and you raised your sword to block his shot. But something different happened after he fired. The energy blast left the barrel of his gun, and when you made to deflect it, the energy latched onto your weapon.

Even the man had a surprised look in his eyes, though it quickly dissipated as if he knew what was happening but didn't expect it to happen. You stared at your weapon as the cyan colour began to get brighter and brighter around the weapon. The entire thing starting to shake.

Ryan ran back over, halting an attack to also spare a glance at you. He tapped the touch screen on his arm, raising it up as a holographic screen popped up. He looked through the screen at you, then your sword. A look of instant shock hit his face, and you started to hear a charging- or buzzing sound echoing from the metal of the weapon.

"(Y/N), THROW IT AWAY!!!" Ryan practically screamed. You started to get the message as you realised what was happening, and you began to reel your arm back. But it was too late...

The last thing you saw was a cruel smirk on the other man's face.

The streets around were filled with a loud bang as the energy that had been absorbed by your sword was suddenly released in an explosion 20 times stronger than the original. The detonation instantly knocked out an entire tower that was on the bridge, shattered the cables of two sides, ruptured the road and path of the half the bridge, and sent you flying over 200 meters where you slammed down into the River Thames.

"(Y/N)!" Ryan shouted as he fell through the battered bridge, plunging into the water, too.

One moment you were fighting an oddly dressed man. Then you were submerged in darkness. No sound, no noise, no light.

"How could I be so stupid?" You tried to speak, but only oxygen bubbles left your lips. Your arms and legs were raised way higher than your torso as you continued your slow descent.

"That explosion shattered most my bones, and without a doubt most my organs. I can't even open my eyes..." Your head hit the bottom of the river first, followed by your back, then legs.

"I can't breathe. I can't... I can't move. I can't... I can't die like this." You told yourself. After everything you'd been through. Slaying aliens, slashing Hydra, crushing robots, finding a girl...

"I... can't... lose..." Your thoughts finally started to disappear as your body started to finally tire.

"So, you want to survive. Huh, (Y/N)?" A feminine yet echoed voice asked. The darkness that once surrounded you had begun to shift into a light blue colour.

"You don't want to die after everything you've done." The voice knew your thoughts. The light blue colour behind your eyelids had changed to a more galactic blue. You somehow felt your strength returning, and managed to muster the energy to open your eyes.

What you saw before you was nothing like the river you had previously been in. You were laid on your back in what felt like a very shallow pool of water. You managed to slowly rise to your feet, finding the entire world around you to be a sky of galaxy blue, a blue sun, and light blue water on the floor, similar to that on tropical beaches.