Chapter 4

We stopped in front of a castle, it was huge like the ones I had read about in stories, "Wow it's beautiful" I turned to look at Spencer and he looked back at me with a serious expression not so much cold anymore though.

"Now about the men I live with, they're my cousins... One of them is named Jake, he's 27, he has a dirty mind if you know what I mean. And the other is Richard, he's 32 he's worse than Jake when it comes to hating Americans. Like I said they will try to harm you so stay away from them unless I'm there do you understand?"

"Yes..." He got out of the car and opened my door, I got out of the car and looked at the castle.

"Come on." I nodded and followed slowly behind him looking at the castle with awe. It looked like it was built some time in the 22nd century but it was kept in good shape for how old it was. I stopped walking and stared at the castle there were other slaves working around it, cutting vines off the side, painting, and some are even in a small pond cleaning it out. They all looked skinny and at the point of starvation, most had cuts and bruises covering their bodies. All of them carried frowns on their face, they were talking to one another and looking at me with sad eyes. There were a few that smiled at me, and would talk to their loved ones, from what I could tell this was their only happiness, the comfort of others. Is this what would happen to me? I had no one here, I was all alone. I didn't want any of this to happen to me, I know that was selfish but I just couldn't... I'm not strong enough for this. Tears started to stream down my cheeks, I tried to dry my eyes, but the tears just kept falling. No matter how much I wiped my eyes I couldn't stop crying.

Spencer stopped and turned back to me, "Cecily?"

"I-I-I'm s-sorry," I said trying to calm myself down, I covered my face so he couldn't see me. Spencer looked around at the slaves that were looking back at me. He pulled my hands away from my face, gently taking my hands into his. I look up at him through my vision that was blurred with tears.

"Whats wrong?"

"I don't want to be a slave... I don't want to live like this..." I started to cry heavily again.

"Cecily you're not that type of slave..." I looked up at him with confusion, his face turned red and he looked away, "You're my mistress," he mumbled.

My heart skipped a beat, "What?"

His face turned even more red, "You're my sexual companion." My face flushed red, and I could feel it burn. "That's the only way I would be able to let you live well inside the house," He averted his gaze from mine, avoiding eye contact. "So now you're my young mistress." I shot him a dirty look with a red face and looked away. I nodded, he took my hand and led me into the castle.

I walked inside and looked around, the place was so big and bright, a glass chandelier hung from the ceiling. There was a double staircase leading up to a balcony on the second floor. There were huge doors on either side of the room that were wide open leading to hallways and more rooms. There was a fire place under the balcony and in front of it were several pieces of furniture, mostly lazy boy chairs and elongated couches with one loves seat to the side. There was the sound of footsteps on the marble ground. I turned to look at the stairs where the noise had come from. There was a handsome man walking down the stairs with a smile. "Spencer! You're home!" His eyes fell upon me and his smile faded. "And who is this?"

Spencer straightened his posture, "This is my new slave, you would know that Jake..."

He stood directly in front of me, my heart was beating so fast, this was one of the cruel men that Spencer had told me about and he was only standing feet away. I glanced over at Spencer who had an icy glare directed at Jake. "What's her role?"