Chapter 12

I woke up in the middle of the night, I was in my bed with my nightgown on. I looked around the room, there was no sign of Spencer. Slowly I got out of bed and looked around my room for any clues, but there was nothing. I opened the door and walked down the hall. I heard a soft humming coming from the main hall. The fire was out so it was pitch black. I walked down the stairs to the humming. "What are you doing up." I heard a voice say. A light flicked on next to the couch. Richard was sitting on the couch in his pajamas.

"I-I was just curious I guess..."

He had a mean scowl on his face, "Well curiosity killed the cat."

"But satisfaction brought it back," I said softly. My mother had always told me that rhyme every time I went running off to somewhere new, making her worry.

"What was that!" He snapped.

"N-Nothing," my body was stiff from fright. Slowly I started to walk backwards towards the stairs.

"Why don't you come and sit down... Cecily." He patted the cushion next to him and gave a wicked smile.

"I'd rather not, thank you."

"Come on let's talk,"

"I must be going back to bed."

"Oh, please won't you sit down." He stood up and started walking over to me.

"Cecily? What are you doing?" I turned to see Spencer without a shirt, only wearing pajama bottoms, standing in the doorway of the hall.

"I was just..."

"What ever just go back to bed." I walked past him to get back up the stairs and he grabbed my arm. "I'll meet you there in a minute." He whispered. I nodded and headed back to my room.

Once I was in my bedroom I let out a sigh. "Spencer is always there in the nick of time to help me, I must be so annoying." I tapped the back of my head against the wall. "I can never do anything for myself... I'm so pathetic. He's too good for me." I slid down the wall to the floor next to the ajar door. "Maybe it would be better if I wasn't here." I whispered to myself. "I'm only weighing him down..." I put my face in my knees. The door creaked open, I turned my head to see Spencer/ His face was to the ground making it impossible to see his eyes but his jaw was locked in rage.

"Is that really what you think... That I don't need you..." I looked away from him and clutched my gown tightly. "Well do you!" His fists were tight in anger.

"You're so much better than I am, you're so successful and strong. You can always hold a smile when times get hard, when all I ever do is cry. I'm always getting into trouble and you always have to help me, I must be such a hassle for you..." There was a pause then Spencer crouched down next to me. The door shut behind him.

"You're worth the hassle, and don't you ever think I'm better than you... In all my 23 years you are the only one that was able to overcome my curse." A small smile protruded from his pale lips. A tear started to stream down my cheek, he wiped it away with his thumb. "Come on don't cry now, you look better with a smile." I gave him a big smile. He put his hand to my cheek then pulled me in for a kiss. When he pulled away, I still wanted to feel his touch. I pulled him back to kiss him again, he backed up after I kissed him. I kept at it though, I repeatedly kissed him until he was laying down on the floor.

He gave me a smirk then flipped me around to where I was on the floor underneath him. "Sorry I like being on top." He kissed down my neck and to the edge of my collar bone, then licked all the way up my neck to the my bottom of my ear. My body went numb, I didn't know what I should do. The feeling of his lips on my skin was unbearable, the sensation was too much as it was. I knew where this was leading to, but I didn't want to stop. I ran my hand down the front of his chest and traced his abs with my fingers. I stopped at his pants line, then looked back up at his face. I gently grabbed the edge of his pants. A smile grew on his face, he grabbed my hand and pulled his pants down a little. I could see the lining of his boxer briefs and a large bulge. I swallowed hard and pulled them down further. I felt my hand graze against something hard. I stopped right above it and looked back up at him. His smile had become faint, as he looked into my eyes. I could see his wants through them. He put his hand on the side of my leg sliding my gown up. "When you go I will." His words tickled my ears, I smiled at him and pulled down further.