Chapter 15

I woke up in the morning to knocking at my door, I slowly opened my eyes looking around the room. Spencer lay next to me sound asleep, I poked his cheek trying to wake him up, his cheek was warm and soft. His lip twitched and he let out a slight groan of irritation, he moved closer wrapping me tighter in his grip. The knock at the door was a little louder, "Cecily... Are you up?" It was Sam, he sounded like he was upset.

I poked him harder, "Spencer wake up," I whisper. He moved around and opened his eyes.

"What?"

"Sam is at the door!" I said in a loud whisper.

"What?" He opened his eyes up more looking towards the door.

"Hold on just a second!" I shouted at the door. The knocking stopped and it was silent. Spencer sat up in the bed rubbing his eyes, "Well get dressed!" I whispered.

"My clothes are still wet though," I looked around the room for some place he could hide, or something he could put on.

"What are we going to do then!"

"Just let him come in, I don't care if he sees." He layed back down on the bed and took my hand kissing it softly.

"I do!"

"Why?"

"Because... I don't want anyone seeing me like this, it's embarrassing!" I lied, in all reality I didn't want Sam seeing me like this. This was not the way I wanted him to find out, he didn't deserve that.

"Ugh, fine." He sat back up and swung his legs off the edge of the bed. "Well, ummm." He looked around the room, "Oh I know the closet's pretty big, I'll just chill in there," I nodded. He stood up and fell on the floor knocking the things off the table beside the bed. "Damn it," he stood back up popping his back.

"Cecily are you okay in there?" Sam said behind the door.

"Yeah... I just... fell," I hopped out of bed and scrambled around in my dresser for some cloths. I threw on some undergarments and a t-shirt.

"I'm going to come in."

"No-"

Before I could finish my sentence the door was opened and standing in the doorway was Sam. His mouth wide opened looking at Spencer then back to me. Spencer looked at me and gave me an "I'm sorry look," I shot him a dirty glance before turning back to Sam. "WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE!" Sam yelled, his voice echoed throughout the room. His face turned sour and his fists were tightened. There was anger written all over his face.

I didn't know what to say I was speechless, I looked at the ground trying to avoid the look he was giving me. "What do you think is going on here..." I looked over at Spencer who had layed back down on the bed and covered himself with the blanket. His arms were behind his head and a faint smile on his face, barely exposing his white teeth.

Sam turned back to me, his fists had loosened and the anger that once covered his face had faded into sadness. "So this is what you've decided huh?"

My vision started to get clouded over, "Sam I'm-"

"Don't... I don't want to hear it." He bit his lip and lowered his head to the ground, fighting off the tears. He looked back up at Spencer, "Is it alright if I stay here until tomorrow, my boat will be here by then." Spencer's smile was gone and his eyes were sympathetic.

"Yes, it's only fair I suppose." Sam nodded and left the room shutting the door behind him. I kept staring at the ground at my feet, I couldn't speak I was too ashamed. I didn't want to hurt him, I wasn't sure how I was going to tell him, but I knew this wasn't the way. I can only imagine what was going through his head now, I couldn't bear the thought. I shed a single tear, and wiped it off my face. I looked at the wet tear on my finger tip. Spencer slowly drew me into his arms, resting his chin on the top of my head. I wrapped my arms around his waist. He rubbed my back trying to comfort me, I nuzzled my face into his bear chest. "It's alright," I looked up at his face that held a big smile. "Why don't we go do something fun." I nodded and smiled back at him.