11Home

11
Jaime Carter

White ceiling was the first thing I saw when I opened my eyes and the IV attached to its stand. I feel the pain of the wound on my shoulder and I feel like I have been beaten.

I tried to sit up but I could not move my hand. I took a deep breath then repeated. I tried to raise my elbow to gain strength and I succeeded there.

My wound hurt even more and I saw that the sleeves of my dress were already red from my blood.

Wait. What happened before I got here?

My plan of escape entered my mind and ended up in a chase and shooting.
I just wonder, why did I do something I never thought I could do? I don't know how to hold a gun but when I was there I seem to be used to doing that thing. The feeling that I have been doing that for a long time. I know what each part of the gun is and how to use it. My hands moved spontaneously and mercilessly shot the car that followed us.

Why did I do such thing?

I startled when the door opened and a nurse looking at me with shocked face. Who wouldn't be surprised by my appearance. That's why I feel dizzy because of my bleeding wound. The nurse dropped the bag and then ran. I just sighed.

Where am I? Hospital? But apparently not, more like a mini hospital. Probably, clinic.

I rubbed the wound on my shoulder and removed the bandage. I lifted the sleeve of my dress then reached for the glass with water then poured it on the wound.

I close my eyes when I feel the pain. I turned around when someone gasped near me.

Katara?

"Holy sh * t."

She immediately approached me then examined the wound.

"You shouldn't move first so that your wound isn't forced." She said then turned to the nurse who first saw me.

"Rita, fix the equipments to clean her wound immediately and replace it with a new bandage. After that, call Don and tell him the patient is awake."

The nurse just nodded and accelerated her movement.

"You're a doctor."

She looked at me with a smile. "Yes. You know, if it weren't for Don I would probably be crazy. He has been helping me from everything since he saw me on the street. And that is why I studied well and became a doctor. Because of him, my life has become wonderful and meaningful. I achieved my dreams and met people with good good heart. "

I could see the joy in her eyes as she cleaned my wound.

"It's good that he met you, you know. You are innocent as an angel and he is a person with a pure heart. You are perfect for each other."

I smiled after what she said, but those smile fade away when I remember something.

Am I innocent? What if I'm a bad person? What if I committed a serious sin and forgot about it?