"Honey, I'm your mom, I could tell that you were behind me the moment that I was able to hear you getting up from bed, and smell you the moment you stepped into the kitchen. Now, sit down and let me serve you your breakfast, don't want the birthday girl to go with an empty stomach to school do we?" She said while smiling at me. God, that's why I love my mom. I can't stand to be mad at her no matter what.

Just as I was getting into my breakfast my dad comes into the kitchen and hugs and gives me a kiss on the cheek while saying Happy Birthday then heading to where my mom is at the stove and goes behind her and hugs her. Love, I'm lucky that my parents don't ever have to get a divorce because that's the kick in being a werewolf.

Once you find your Mate, you are linked together from the beginning, they are your soul mate, your other half. Nothing can compare when you find him/her. That's why it doesn't grosses me out when I see my mom and dad kissing or anything because it reminds me when I find my Mate, that's how we are going to be.

"Good morning Cat, I hope you slept well?" my dad asks me.

"Yes daddy I did sleep well. But not all night long. I'm happy but at the same time worried, what if I don't find my Mate, or if I do, what if he doesn't accept me as their Mate?" I say while my voice cracks at the end and my wolf whimpers at that thought.

Well why I wouldn't worry about that. If you saw me, I'm not your typical teenager. Other girls wear skirts or shorts with tank tops or blouses or dresses. I'm the opposite, I'm your typical tom boy nerd, wearing glasses, jeans and shirts with a jacket with tennis shoes. Who would be interested in me?

"Honey, your Mate will accept you no matter how you look. And if he doesn't, let me know so I can kill him for hurting my princess. You deserve the best, if he doesn't accept you, then it's his lost." my dad said, you have to love him. That's why he is the Beta of our pack. Always looking for the logic in everything.

"Thank you daddy, I hope you're right. Well I have to go, I don't want to be late to my first day of my senior year! Love you both!" I say, then go to them and hug and kiss them goodbye.

But before I even get to the front door with my belongings, they shout out to me.

"Honey before you leave, we have to give you your birthday present. Now I'm going to put a blindfold over you since I don't want you to see the surprise." my dad said to me, than he put the blind fold on and that's when I noticed why we were walking outside by the sounds. I could hear the sounds of vehicles coming from the front of the house, and from that I got major excited. Then they stop me and count to three, and when my dad takes off my blindfold, I scream from the excitement!

Right in front of me was my dreams come true! A 2014 Cadillac CTS, four door and in my favorite color, RED!!! OMG, I hear a jingle of keys next to my face, and look at my dad hand that holds what I guess the keys to the car. I scream and hug him and my dad and kept on screaming "thank you" over and over.

Once I said my goodbyes, I got into my car and headed to school. Now you have to understand, just because we are werewolf's doesn't mean we don't have to go to school, nope, we still have to make a living, and going to school is what helps.

Once I get to school, I gather my stuff and get out. When I get to the front of my school I am greeted by my BFF, her name is Emily Patterson, and she's the coolest person to have as a friend. Behind her are my other friends, Trent, Peter, Joseph, and Brittany.

"Hey Cat, happy birthday! Aren't you excited?! You get to meet your Mate today! Here I got this present for you on your special day!" she said all excited. God that's why she's my BFF, she's the kind to make your day from being lame to excite in a matter of seconds.