Chapter 6

Author's Note

The performance is dedicated to RoshellIngram, thank you for the fabulous song. :)

Chapter 6

Final Performance

Cat's P.O.V.

Me and Em are standing here dumbfounded about the revelation of both of us being the winners of the competition. When the director gave us the choice to choose a song of our choice, I knew perfectly the right song.

I looked to Em and mind linked to her the song I was thinking and by the smirk on her face I knew she liked my choice. I gave her the option if she wanted to be lead singer, but in the end we decided to do a duo instead.

I mind linked Damien to look for me the song in karaoke because I don't want people to think we weren't singing, if you get the idea who I am talking about. Since from where I'm standing I could feel all the jealous glares and thoughts directed to the both of us.

Once Damien told me he found the song, I told the director we were ready and he just told us he would give us five minutes to get ready. I thanked him for that, and I made sure the both of us got some water since we did several performances that would tired our throats and vocal cords.

Once we heard the announcement come on, I told Damien to start the song. I made an entrance singing walking up to the stage. I started with looking down at the stage while singing, but by the second verse, I looked ahead and looked straight into his eyes.

When the chorus came on, I looked straight into his eyes to make sure he sees the emotions in them.

Tell them all I know now

Shout it from the roof tops

Write it on the sky line

All we had is gone now

Tell them I was happy

And my heart is broken

All my scars are open

Tell them what I hoped would be

(This section Em joins me)

Impossible Impossible

Impossible

IMPOSSIBLE!

(Em starts singing from here)

Falling out of love is hard

Falling for betrayal is worst

Broken trust and broken hearts

I know I know

Thinking all you need is there

Building faith on love and words

Empty promises will wear

I know!

(The two of us together)

And now when all is gone

There is nothing to say

And if you are done with embarrassing me

On your own you can go ahead tell them

(Chorus)

At the end of the song when I open my eyes because some of the parts of the song actually had me crying from what is happening to me and my friends. When I look at "him", I see that he and his brother are both in front of us.

We were so into the song that we didn't feel them come up to us and got on their knees. I look at Em and see that she's just looking at him with an unreadable expression. I look in front of me and see everyone are just looking and waiting to see what we would do.